You are able to capture more information about your attendees if you schedule a meeting that requires registration, in which attendees will be required to provide their e-mail address, name, and any optional questions, as part of the registration process. It is possible for you to manage the registrations, resend the confirmation emails, as well as create meeting registration reports, for those of you who are interested in downloading a list of people who registered.
For those who do not need to collect such a great deal of information, a meeting can be scheduled without requesting registration.
An organization may not have more than 4999 registrants at the same time. You might also want to consider using a recurring meeting with registration if you need more than the maximum number of participants, as each recurrence of the series of meetings can have up to 4999 registrants.
The following topics will be covered in this article:
- How to enable registration for a meeting
- How to customize registration options
- How to customize registration branding
Prerequisites for meetings with registration
- It is mandatory to have a licensed host user type
- You cannot use your PMI for this meeting, and it cannot be a No Fixed Time recurring meeting if you are allowing registration for it.
- For customizing registration options you will need a Business, Education, or Enterprise account.
How to enable registration for a meeting
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Click on Meetings from the navigation bar.
- Alternatively, you can edit an existing meeting by clicking Edit Meeting.
- Make sure that the box labeled Required is ticked in the Registration section.
When you schedule the meeting, you will be able to see the tabs for Registration and Branding.
- Manage attendees:
- In order to view the list of people that have registered for the meeting, click on View. By clicking on the registrant’s name, you will be able to view more information about the individual.
In case you wish to require authentication for meeting attendees, they will need to use an email address that is associated with an active Zoom account to register. Attendees will need to do this in order to participate in the meeting. As a result of authentication profiles, the registrant can also be required to join the webinar with the account that corresponds to his or her email address when registering.
How to customize registration options
Business, Education, and Enterprise accounts are the only ones that are able to access this setting.
It is possible to customize registration options after you schedule the meeting:
- Click the Registration tab on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click the Edit button under the Registration Options section.
- You are able to customize these options as follows:
There are two tabs in the registration process:
For registrations, you have the ability to customize various settings, including approval, notification, the number of registrations that can be accepted, etc.
- Automatic Approval:
- Upon signing up, anyone who wants to join will be approved and receive information about how to do so.
- Manual Approval:
- Those wishing to attend must be approved by the host on the meeting management page before they can join, and they will receive information on how to do so. In case there are any Pending registrants, they will not be able to attend the meeting.
- Send an email to host when someone registers:
- If you want to be notified by email when people register for your meeting, check this option. Participants will receive an e-mail once their registration has been approved.
- Close registration after event date:
- If you would like to prevent anyone from registering after the meeting time and date as well as the end of the meeting, please select this option. It is still possible for participants to register on the event date and as soon as the event starts, provided that it is before the scheduled end time of the meeting.
- The registration will close at 11 am, for example, if the meeting is scheduled for 9am with a duration of 2 hours.
- As long as you enable this setting and make your meeting on-demand, people will be able to register for the recorded on-demand meeting using the original registration link.
- Restrict number of registrants:
- Check this box if you want to restrict the number of people who can register to attend your meeting. When the meeting reaches the number of registrants specified for the meeting, nobody will be able to register for the meeting.
- Allow attendees to join from multiple devices:
- The following option allows participants to join a meeting from any device, including a phone and a computer, as long as they are logged in to their account.
- Show social share buttons on the registration page:
- The registration page contains buttons for sharing it on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, as well as via email.
Email Settings tab:
Some registration-related email settings can be customized.
- Select Email Language:
- Registrants can select the language in which they receive emails. Zoom will respond in the language they view the registration page in if you choose Same as the recipients’ default language.
- Email Contact:
- Provide registrants with updated contact information if they have questions about the meeting.
- Confirmation Email to Registrants:
- Select whether the confirmation email will be sent to registrants as soon as the registration form has been approved, as well as adding slight additions to the beginning and end of the email template.
- The admin within Branding must make more extensive changes to the email template if the changes are to be made.
If you would like to customize the question fields that appear on your registration page, you can do so.
- Please check the boxes next to the field(s) you would like to include on the registration page.
- In the Required field, you can select the Required check box if you want the field to be required.
- Next, click the Save button.
- An email address and name are always required.
- Participants will be able to pick from drop-down menus for some fields like Country/Region and State/Province.
Custom Questions tab
- You can add a question by clicking New Question.
- You can choose either a short answer or a single answer for the question.
- (Optional) If you would like the participants to be required to answer the question, you can select the Required check box.
- Please enter the question here.
- Enter the possible answers if your question is a single answer.
- Next, click on the Create button. This process can be repeated to create multiple custom questions.
- Upon completion, you will be given the option to save all your custom questions.
How to customize registration branding
You can customize your registration page by clicking the Branding tab after scheduling the meeting:
- You can add an image to the top of the registration page by clicking Upload.
- The meeting topic appears to the right of an image you upload when you register. You will also see the logo in your email invitation.
- Add a description by clicking Add Description (optional). People with visual impairments can use the description even if it isn’t visible on the screen because it helps them understand the image.
By using your account profile, you can customize the URLs for the Terms of Service and Privacy Policies that appear on your site. On all registration pages for meetings, webinars, and recordings, you will find these links below the registration form.