Before a registrant receives the link to join your webinar, they must complete a short form. As a result, you are able to collect information such as the names, email addresses, and other personal information from the registrants. This can be done by either automatically authorizing attendees when they register or manually authorizing them.
To register for a webinar, follow the steps below:
- Import registrants via CSV
- Collect additional information by customizing your registration questions
- Edit the webinar emails and choose which emails to send
- Customize the registration page
- Use multiple URLs to track where your registrants are coming from
- Manage registrants and resend confirmation emails
- A webinar without registration can be scheduled if you do not need to collect registrant information.
- The next time you schedule a recurring webinar with registration, editing the recurring webinar will result in the loss of registration data, meaning registrants will need to register again.
In this article, you will learn how to:
- How to schedule a webinar with registration
- How to set up registration approval
- Select automatic approval
- Select manual approval
How to schedule a webinar with registration
- There are four types of accounts: Pro, Business, Enterprise, and Education
- Zoom Webinar add-on
How to schedule a webinar with registration
- Log in to the Zoom website.
- Click Webinars on the navigation bar.
You’ll see a list of upcoming webinars.
- Click Schedule a Webinar.
- Set the webinar settings as desired.
- To require registration, check the Registration box. Specify one of the following options if registration is required and the webinar is a recurring event:
- Attendees register once and can attend any of the occurrences: Registrants can attend all of the occurrences. The webinar will be listed with all dates and times and registrants will be charged for each occurrence.
- Attendees need to register for each occurrence to attend:
- You must register for each event separately. There is only one time and date available on the registration page.
- Attendees register once and can choose one or more occurrences to attend:
- Each registrant registers once and can choose to attend one or more events. In order to register for those occurrences, they will have to choose the dates and times they wish to attend. You can select more than one option.
- By editing a recurring webinar with registration, you will lose registration data, which means that registrants will have to re-register.
- Click Schedule.
- Once you’ve scheduled your webinar, you can convert it to a meeting by clicking Convert this Webinar to a Meeting. We will remove options such as Q&A, multiple-answer questions, webinar-related email settings, surveys, and registration reports.
- Participants will need an email address associated with a Zoom account in order to register for a webinar that requires authentication as well. Registration cannot be completed without this information.
- You cannot add domains included on the domain block list if you select Sign in to Zoom with specified domain.
How to set registration approval
You should ensure that your registration approval settings are configured for your needs before sending the link for your registration page. This section describes how to set up manual or automatic registration approval, but there are plenty of other options available, such as additional questions, registration caps, and email settings.
Select automatic approval
- You can find the registration options under Invite Attendees on the webinar details page once your webinar is scheduled.
The Approval option will be listed next to Automatically Approve and Manually Approve.
- On the right side, click Edit if Manually Approve is listed.
- Select Automatically Approve on the Registration tab.
- Then click Save All.
- Email your attendees the registration URL.
Select manual approval
- The registration options under Invite Attendees can be seen at the bottom of the webinar details page once your webinar has been scheduled.
- The option to approve automatically or manually will appear next to Approval. On the right side, click Edit if Manually Approve is listed.
- Choose Manually Approve under Registration.
- Save all changes.
- Send your attendees a copy of the registration URL or invitation.
- Return to your Webinars page once an attendee has registered.
- Click the webinar name for more information.
- Under Manage Attendees, click Edit.
- You can approve or deny a user by selecting him or her. To approve or deny more than one registrant at the same time, you can select multiple registrants. A link to the webinar will be emailed to them if their application is approved.