Attendees will be able to join a webinar without registering or creating a Zoom account, but will need to enter their name and email address at the time of joining. Reporting will display this information.
To collect additional information, you can schedule a webinar.
Prerequisites for scheduling a webinar without registration
- A Licensed user with the Zoom Webinar Add-on (500, 1000, 3000, 5000, 10000, or 50000)
How to schedule a webinar without registration
- Access the Zoom web portal by signing in.
- Click Webinars from the navigation menu.
This will display the webinar schedule.
- To schedule a webinar, click the Schedule a Webinar button.
- Specify your webinar preferences here:
- Schedule For:
- You can choose who you wish to schedule for from the drop-down menu if you have scheduling privileges for another user. Furthermore, they will need to have a webinar add-on license and be a licensed user. Find out more about scheduling privileges.
- Decide what your webinar will be about.
- You can provide a description of your webinar if you wish.
- Use a template:
- You can choose one of the previously created webinar templates to apply to this new webinar if you have created one.
- Schedule the time and date of your webinar.
- Decide how long the webinar will last. As the webinar does not end after this time frame, this is only for scheduling purposes.
- Time Zone:
- Zoom will by default use the time zone that you specify in your profile. To change the time zone, click the drop-down box.
- Recurring webinar:
- The meeting ID will remain the same for each webinar if you choose to have a recurring webinar. The following recurrence options are available:
- Choose whether the webinar should repeat daily, weekly, monthly, or without a fixed time. There can be up to 50 sessions per recurring webinar. It is not possible to register with No Fixed Time if you need more than 50 recurrences.
- Depending on how frequently the meeting recurs, the other recurrence options may also be available. You can configure the recurring meeting to end after a set number of occurrences or have it end on a specific date.
- List this webinar in the Public Event List:
- Check this option if you have the Public Event List enabled in your account.
- If you want to require registration, check this box. You can specify one of the following options if registration is required for the webinar and it is a recurring event:
- Attendees register once and can attend any of the occurrences:
- Registrants may attend any of the events. All webinar dates and times will be listed, and registrants will be registered for all occurrences.
- Attendees need to register for each occurrence to attend:
- Registration is required for each occurrence. Participants can select only one time and date on the registration page.
- Attendees register once and can choose one or more occurrences to attend:
- Each registrant registers once, then chooses how many events to attend. They will need to select the dates and times they wish to attend and will only be registered for those times and dates. They can select more than one option.
- Webinar Passcode:
- You can edit the required passcode here if you require participants to enter a passcode to join your webinar. Manually joining your webinar requires participants to enter this passcode. If they click the link in the confirmation email, they won’t need to enter the passcode because it will be included in the email that confirms their registration.
- Choose whether video will be enabled during the webinar.
- When you join a webinar, you can turn on or off the host‘s video. The host can still start their video even if you choose off.
- When joining the webinar, you can turn on or off the participants’ videos. If you choose off, panelists won’t be able to turn their video on, except if you allow them to do so during the webinar.
- There are options to choose from if you want your users to be able to call in only by telephone, by computer audio only, by telephone and computer audio (both) or by 3rd Party audio (if you enable this for your account).
- To allow webinar attendees to dial in to webinars through the above numbers, your admin must enable the account-level setting Allow webinar attendees to dial in through the above numbers.
- Webinar Options:
- Optional extras that allow you to customize your webinar experience.
- You can use a question and answer panel if you want. See the Q&A page for more information.
- Enable Practice Session:
- Start the webinar in a practice session instead of a live broadcast by checking this box. Find out more about practice sessions.
- Enable HD video for screen shared video
- Enable HD video for attendees
- Require authentication to join:
- Sign-in users can only access your webinar if they are logged in.
- You can’t sign in to Zoom with a domain on the domain block list if you choose Sign in with specified domain.
- You can add a watermark that identifies the viewing participant.
- Request permission to unmute panelists:
- Provides webinar panelists with the option to have their unmuting consent pre-approved by the host.
- Make the webinar on-demand:
- Registrants will receive a link to a recording of the webinar in the cloud.
- Record the webinar automatically:
- Click here to record the webinar automatically. Whether to record the webinar locally (requires the host to join via a desktop computer) or through Zoom.
- Enable additional data center regions for this webinar:
- Connect attendees to other data centers that the host may designate for this webinar. When attendees join from a region that differs from the host, this can help provide better connections to a more local data center for attendees.
- Approve or deny entry to users from certain regions and countries:
- Participants can be allowed to join only if they come from a certain county/region, or all participants from a certain county/region can be blocked.
- Alternative Hosts:
- Allow another licensed Zoom user on your account to start the webinar in your absence by entering their email address. Find out more about alternative hosts.
- Enable language interpretation:
- On the web portal or during a Zoom session, make sure the host allows participants to be designated as interpreters.
- Click Schedule.
- Your webinar has been scheduled.
You can copy the join link or the full invitation under the Invitations tab of the Invite Attendees section.
If you want your webinar to be converted into a meeting, you will need to click on Convert this Webinar into a Meeting below the Webinar Options section after you’ve scheduled the webinar. We are going to delete options like Q&A, multiple-answer questions, email settings related to webinars, surveys, and registration reports.