The playback video appears in a new browser tab when you click a recording on the Recordings page, along with controls for downloading and sharing. The shared video can also have a range of playback times set so the video starts and ends at the times you specify, removing unneeded parts from both the beginning and the end of the video.
Your recordings are not trimmed based on the playback range. Regardless of whether you choose a range of playback or not, the recording will always be played back at its original length if it is downloaded. Cloud recordings will also be able to be viewed as a transcript if enabled.
If users watch cloud recordings using Internet Explorer, Safari, or on mobile devices, they will not have access to the full range of playback if they use a low bandwidth mode while viewing the recording.
Prerequisites for setting the playback range of a cloud recording
- Cloud recording enabled in Zoom account
How to trim the beginning and end of a Zoom cloud recording
- Log in to the Zoom web portal.
- Select Recordings from the navigation menu.
- In the meeting topic for the session you wish to watch, click the thumbnail of the video, then click the play button.
In a new tab in your browser, you’ll see the recording playback as well as the controls that are available, including Play / Pause, Volume, Speed, Set Playback Range, Show/Hide Subtitles, and Full Screen.
- Select the range of playback you would like to set.
- By adjusting the sliders, you can specify the start time and end time for the recording. To save the recording, click Save.
- In the Zoom web portal, where you can find the recording, click Copy shareable link in order to get the link.
- Using the share link, you can access the recording, which only plays the time range you specify. You can still allow viewers to download the recording if downloads are enabled.
Find out how to share and manage cloud recordings.