In this case, if your company only offers an ethernet connection, or if your network does not permit traffic between Zoom Room’s computer and controller, then you can set up a direct Wi-Fi connection from your Zoom Room Mac computer to your Zoom Room Controller.
In order to connect directly to the WI-FI network, you will need a Mac computer along with an ethernet connection. It is essential that you setup your network firewall to allow traffic between the Zoom Room computer and the Zoom Room controller if you are only utilizing Wi-Fi or a PC computer.
- Macintosh computer
- Connected to a computer via Ethernet
How to set up a direct Wi-fi connection for a Zoom Room Mac
- On your Mac, navigate to System Preferences.
- Click Share.
- Select Internet Sharing.
- From the menu, select Thunderbolt Ethernet and click Share.
- Click Wi-Fi in the list of To computers using section of the window.
- Next, click Wi-Fi Options.
- Then, enter the name and password of the network you wish to use.
- Click on OK.
- Make sure that Internet Sharing is selected.
- If you would like to enable Internet Sharing, click the Start button to confirm.
- You will have to select the Wi-Fi network that you created in Step 7 on the Zoom Room Controller before you can use it.