On select Zoom Rooms Kits such as the Zoom Room Huddle Kit on Amazon (and more to come), Zoom Rooms can be deployed on a preconfigured Dell Optiplex running Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB 2016 (1607). Currently, Windows IoT cannot be manually installed on any PC because it is not compatible with the Windows IoT licensing model.
When Zoom Rooms are installed on Windows IoT, they are in a lockdown mode with minimal services turned on, firewalls and auto-login configured, and they are automatically booted to Zoom Rooms.
This article covers:
- How to perform the initial setup
- How to access the Windows desktop
- How to return to the Zoom Rooms application from the desktop
- How to upgrade the Zoom Rooms application
Prerequisites for setting up Zoom Rooms on a Dell Optiplex
- Zoom Rooms are accessible by Account Owners, Admins, or Roles with Edit Access
- Who are running Windows IoT on a Dell Optiplex
- With the following additional hardware:
- Zoom Rooms Control Panel
- Panel, camera and microphone
- Display Panel, camera and microphone
How to perform the initial setup
If you turn on the Dell Optiplex with Windows IoT for the first time, it will complete a sequence of automatic steps for installing Windows. The process should take between two and three minutes. For the first time setup you will require a wired ethernet connection.
During the first few minutes of the process of installation, the computer will reboot twice. There may be a brief period of the screen going blank for around twenty seconds. Reboot the computer if the screen stays black for an extended period of time. Normally, you should be able to complete the first-time setup without any issues.
During the installation process, Zoom Rooms will show the pairing code so that the Zoom Rooms controller can connect to the Zoom Rooms speaker.
How to access the Windows desktop
- Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
- Enter ZoomAdmin’s default password of zoom123 in the ZoomAdmin account.
Windows’ administrative options are available as soon as you are on the Windows desktop. ZoomAdmin should have a new password.
The Exit button should not be used to exit Zoom. Upon restarting the computer, you will see a blank screen. Zoom Rooms Version 4.1.5 (33237.0925) is the first zoom room version to feature the new Shutdown and Reboot buttons, part of a major redesign.
How to return to the Zoom Rooms application from the desktop
- You will need to restart your computer in order to be able to return to the Zoom Rooms application from the Windows Desktop.
- If Windows warns you that another user is currently logged in, you should restart your computer. If Windows warns you that another user is currently logged in, you should perform the restart.
How to upgrade the Zoom Rooms application
Instead of downloading and installing Zoom Rooms software on a PC, we recommend upgrading and downgrading through the Zoom web portal.