With the integration of the Zoom Room’s TV display, the room’s controller, and scheduling display will show the meetings that have been scheduled for the Zoom Room when the calendar resource is integrated with the Zoom Room. By inviting other members of your organization into a Zoom Room, your members can schedule a meeting in your Zoom Room. A conference room is assigned as a calendar resource through an online calendaring tool. In the event that you authorize Zoom to have access to your calendar resources, you will be able to easily start and join meetings in the room with only a single touch.
Note: It may take up to 72 hours for the dedicated user you created to manage calendars to be able to share a calendar resource you created in Google.
This article covers:
- How to prepare to integrate Google Calendar with Zoom Rooms
- How to share a Zoom Room calendar resource
- How to add a calendar resource to Google Calendar (end users)
- How to remove Google Hangouts from your calendar
- How to add the Google Calendar service to Zoom
Prerequisites for Zoom Rooms with Google Calendar
- Your Google account should have administrator access
How to prepare to integrate Google Calendar with Zoom Rooms
- Become an administrator of your Google account.
- Add someone to your account who is responsible for managing all your calendar resources.
For instructions on how to add this user, please consult the Google support article, Add users individually.
- Make sure that each Zoom Room has its own calendar resource.
Instructions for adding a calendar resource can be found in the Google support article.
- Open Google Calendar from the app menu.
If you click on My calendars, you will be able to see each room’s resource on the calendar.
How to share a Zoom Room calendar resource
To grant permission for a user to make changes to a calendar resource, follow these steps. Repetition is necessary for every calendar resource.
- Use the user you created to manage the calendar resources in Google Calendar.
- On the top-left corner, click on the menu icon.
- Zoom Room resources can be found by hovering over their names, clicking the ellipses, then clicking Settings and sharing.
- Scroll down to Add People, and click it.
- You will be asked for the dedicated user whose email address will manage the calendar resources.
- Choose Manage Sharing from the Permissions section.
- Send the request.
Note: Sharing invitations must be accepted by the account you shared them with.
- You can share more calendar resources by repeating the above steps.
How to add calendar resources to Google Calendar (end users)
If you shared a calendar resource with the user you designated to manage calendar resources, you could instruct your users to add it to their Google Calendar by following these steps.
- Access Google Calendar by signing in.
- Click the plus sign next to Add Coworker’s Calendar, then select Browse resources.
- By checking the boxes alongside the Zoom Room resources you wish to add, you will be able to add them to the meeting.
How to remove Google Hangouts from your calendar
Use these steps to prevent Google Hangouts invitations from automatically being added to user-created events.
- Log in to Google Admin.
- Click Calendar – Sharing Settings.
In the Apps > G Suite > Calendar > Sharing Settings you can find the Shared Calendar setting under the Calendar > Sharing tab.
- If you do not wish to use video calls, click on the Video Calls check box.
- Then click Save.
How to add the Google Calendar service to Zoom
- Log in to the Zoom website.
Note: Zoom Rooms privileges must be granted to the account.
- Select Calendar Integration from the Room Management page.
- Click the Add Calendar Service button.
- Click the Add Google Calendar button.
- Click the e-mail address associated with your organization’s shared calendar service during the Add Calendar Service process. The dedicated user for the calendar service will not be shown if it does not have access to it. If that is the case, you will need to add the credentials for that user.
- Allow Zoom to manage the calendars in the dedicated user’s account by clicking Allow on the confirmation page.
The calendar resource you added will appear on the Calendar Integration page.
Note: Zoom Rooms can be added to a calendar resource.