These presence status icons are displayed beside internal and external users in the Zoom desktop client and mobile app.
- You won’t see a presence status for external contacts if their admin has disabled the display of presence status for external contacts.
- On the mobile app, you cannot manually adjust your presence.
Prerequisites for setting your presence status
- Zoom desktop client
- Zoom mobile app
Presence status icons
|Offline||Contact is not signed in to the Zoom desktop client or mobile app|
|Online (desktop)||Contact is signed in to the Zoom desktop client
Note: If the contact is also signed in to the Zoom mobile app, this status overrides the mobile client status
|Online (mobile)||Contact is signed in to the Zoom mobile client only|
|Away||Contact is sign in to the Zoom desktop client but their computer is inactive or they manually set their status to Away|
|Do not disturb||Contact manually set their status to Do not disturb and won’t receive pop-up notifications for chat or Zoom Phone calls in the Zoom desktop client or mobile app|
|In a Zoom meeting||Contact has started or joined a Zoom meeting using the Zoom desktop client or mobile app|
|Presenting||Contact is sharing their screen while in a Zoom meeting|
|On a call||Contact is on a Zoom Phone call using the Zoom desktop client or mobile app|
|In a calendar event||Contact is in a calendar event (from a synced calendar) but hasn’t joined a Zoom meeting using the desktop client or mobile app|
|Chat error||Chat message failed to send (also applies to files and images)|
How to set your presence status
Windows | macOS | Linux
- Please sign into the Zoom desktop client by clicking the sign in button below.
- If you click on your profile picture in the top-right hand corner, you can choose from the list of available statuses below.
You can choose the length of time the Do Not Disturb option is set to be enabled for if you select this option.
- Zoom PWA can be accessed by logging in.
- You can select a status by clicking your profile picture in the top-right corner.
You can choose how long Do Not Disturb should be enabled for when selecting this option.