Multiple participants can share their screens simultaneously during a meeting using the Zoom desktop client. Participants can compare documents or other materials in real-time using this app. In the Zoom client settings, enable the dual monitors option to make full use of this feature.
Prerequisites for simultaneous sharing
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: version 5.0.0 or higher
- macOS: version 5.0.0 or higher
- Linux: version 5.0.0 or higher
- Zoom web client
- Remote Support must be turned off
How to enable Simultaneous Screen Sharing as the host
- As the host, begin your Zoom meeting.
- Select Multiple participants can share simultaneously by clicking the upward arrow to the right of the Share Screen button.
The screen will be shared simultaneously by multiple participants.
Note: If no one else is sharing, participants using the Zoom mobile app can only share.
How to share screens at the same time
Participants (including the host) can share their screens by clicking Share Screen in the Zoom desktop client. It is possible to share a screen even if someone has already done so. Read on for more information.
Participants may see the following depending on their setup:
- With dual monitors, participants can see the two most recently shared screens on each monitor.
- On a single monitor, participants see the most recently shared screen. View Options allow participants to select a different screen.
- When using the Zoom mobile app, participants see the first shared screen. Participants are not able to switch between screens.
For any portion of the meeting, the host may select the option One participant can share at a time. Here is a method for sharing a screen when only one participant can share at a time.
The following limitations apply when sharing multiple screens simultaneously:
- The Optimize for full-screen video clip option is not available when you enable the option to share multiple screens simultaneously. It is still possible to share computer audio, but participants must view the shared screen to hear the computer audio.
- Mobile app users cannot share at the same time as other mobile app users.
- A Zoom Room‘s settings must enable multiple content sharing in order to view multiple shared screens.
- Webinars cannot use this feature.