Users can choose Always join from browser when they join meetings from join.zoom.us when Show “Always Join from Browser” is enabled. If you do this, you will always have the option of joining events from the web client and you will not have to use the Zoom desktop client. For those who cannot download Zoom’s desktop client, this method can be useful.
- Account owner or admin privileges
How to enable or disable the “Always Join from Browser” option
Zoom users can turn on or off the option to always join from the browser when joining from join.zoom.us:
- As a Zoom administrator with the privilege to edit account settings, you need to log in to the Zoom web portal.
- Select Account Management and then Account Settings from the navigation menu.
- From the Meetings tab, click on the “Get Started” button.
- To enable or disable this feature, select the Show “Always Join from Browser” option under In Meeting (Advanced).
- Verify that the change was enabled or disabled if a verification dialog appears.
- For users in every account in your account, you can make this setting mandatory by clicking the lock icon, then clicking Lock to confirm.
Zoom has renamed the Group Management page to Groups if you created a new account after August 21, 2021, or your account is enabled with the New Admin Experience.
When joining from join.zoom.us, you can show or disable the option “Always join from browser” as a group:
- Activate the ability to edit groups in the Zoom web portal by logging in as an administrator.
- Click on User Management then click on Group Management from the navigation menu.
- A list of groups will appear. Click on the appropriate group.
- You will then be able to choose a meeting time.
- To enable or disable the option, select Show “Always Join from Browser” under In Meeting (Advanced).
- It is recommended that you confirm the change by clicking Enable or Disable in the verification dialog box that appears.
Note: If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at the account level and needs to be changed at that level. You need to contact your Zoom admin.
- (Optional) If you want to make this setting mandatory for all users in the group, click the lock icon, and then click Lock to confirm the setting.
To enable or disable Show “Always Join from Browser” option when joining from join.zoom.us for your own use:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Settings.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Under In Meeting (Advanced), click the Show “Always Join from Browser” option when joining from join.zoom.us toggle to enable or disable it.
- If a verification dialog appears, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
- When an option is grayed out, that means it has been restricted to either the account level or the group level and it is therefore not possible to change it at either level. In this case, your Zoom administrator will need to assist you.
How to always join from a browser
You can select the checkbox next to Always join from browser before joining a meeting on join.zoom.us when you join a meeting from your web browser. Whenever you join your meeting from a web browser, you will not need to launch the Zoom desktop client, so your settings will be saved.