Zoom Rooms can be accessed in a variety of ways depending on how you choose to sign in. You can assign a role to your users so that they will be in charge of setting up the Zoom Room in your account. Users can sign in with their own credentials, as the account owner or administrator or by creating a role in your Role Management system. The person setting up the Zoom Room for your account will need to be provided with your Zoom Room login credentials. If you do not want to provide them with your login credentials, they can setup the Zoom Room using an activation code instead. You can also provide the Zoom Rooms installer with a deployment code for hardware as a service (HaaS) devices, so that they can deploy more than one Zoom Room at the same time.
When a Zoom Room is created on the web portal, an activation code is generated and emailed to the user who created it, as well as visible on the web portal. There is a deadline of 10 days for your activation code to be valid, after which you will need a new activation code. When Zoom Rooms are deployed by someone who is not the administrator, then using an activation code is ideal.
An installer may use a deployment code to sign in to multiple Zoom Rooms in batches when setting up multiple Hardware as a Service devices. It consists of a configurable string of four digits that can be used to sign in to multiple Zoom Rooms at the same time. There is the option of configuring deployment codes per location (country, city, campus, building, or floor) or per account.
This article covers:
- How to sign in as the owner, admin, or user
- How to use an activation code
- How to add a new role for Zoom Rooms
- How to configure and use a deployment code
Prerequisites for signing in to Zoom Rooms
- The Zoom Room license
- Belongs to the Zoom Account owner or administrator
- Who is using Zoom Rooms for Mac version 5.1.0 or later
- Or Zoom Rooms for iOS version 5.1.0 or later
- Or Zoom Rooms for PC version 5.1.0 or later
- Zoom Rooms for Android controller version 5.1.0 or later
Note: Hardware as a Service (HaaS) devices are the only devices that can use deployment codes.
How to sign in as the owner, admin, or user
- On the computer, launch Zoom Rooms.
- On the Zoom Rooms Controller, launch the Zoom Rooms app.
- An activation code for the Zoom Rooms app will appear on the computer. On the controller, enter the code.
- Tap Sign In on the Zoom Rooms Controller.
- As the owner of the account, an administrator or a Zoom Rooms user, sign in.
- Use the controller to add a new Zoom Room or tap the name of the current Zoom Room.
- You will now be signed in on the computer and controller.
How to use an activation code
- In the web portal, create the Zoom Room.
You can access the Zoom Room by clicking Room Management and then Zoom Rooms in the navigation panel.
- You will need the Room Activation Code to do so.
- The Activation Code will also be emailed to the Account Owner.
- On the Zoom Rooms Controller, open the Zoom Rooms app.
- A pairing code will appear on the computer. This code should be entered on the Zoom Rooms Controller.
- Tap Enter Activation Code on the Zoom Rooms Controller.
- On your web portal or in the e-mail you received, enter the Activation Code.
- Now you will both have access to the computer.
Note: The Zoom Room devices can be linked to any Zoom Room if the activation code still appears on the web when the Zoom Room devices are disassociated from a specific Zoom Room.
How to add a new role for Zoom Rooms
- To access the Zoom web portal, you will need to sign in.
- Click on User Management, then click on Role Management in the navigation panel.
- Then click Add Role.
- Provide a name for your new role, for instance, Zoom Rooms Administrator or Team Administrator.
- Select Zoom Rooms in the list of views.
- When you get to the bottom, click Save Changes.
The new Zoom Room access role has now been created, but you will also need to give this permission to any Zoom Room users.
- You can access User Management from the navigation panel by clicking Users.
- Locate the email address for the Zoom Rooms. In the Edit box, click the Edit button.
- You need to select the User Role that you created from the dropdown list in the User Role section.
- Click the Save button.
With this update, the Zoom Room work email address or any other admin or owner of Zoom Room will be able to login to the Zoom Room.
How to configure and use a deployment code
- Log in as the account owner or administrator to the Zoom web portal.
- Click on Zoom Rooms from the navigation panel.
- Browse to the location where deployment codes will be applied.
Click on Account Settings to set up deployment codes for the whole account.
Click on the corresponding tab, then click Edit next to the applicable location (country, city, campus, building, or floor) to configure a deployment code.
- You can enable this feature by scrolling down and clicking the button under Deployment Code.
- You can now view your deployment code by clicking the icon.
- Use Regenerate if needed to create a different deployment code.
- The Deployment Code can be found at the bottom of the Zoom Rooms device.
- Enter the four-digit code.
- Select a room or press the Create Room button.