You will be able to listen to the meeting in the language of your choice using the Cisco device thanks to the simultaneous interpretation. The languages that can be used at the meeting are determined by the host of the event.
You have the option to follow the conference in the language of your choice if there are interpreters present when you attend a meeting from your device and participate in it. You should be able to hear the presenter in the background as the interpreter is automatically set to a balance of 80%. You are free to change the weight distribution however you see fit.
The host of the meeting is responsible for setting up simultaneous interpretation for the event. It is required that the host join the meeting through the Webex Meetings app.
If the translator for the language you’ve chosen has their video turned on, you will be able to see them on the screen of your smartphone.
- The Webex Meetings app is something that must be used by the interpreters.
- It is essential that the Webex site be configured to support simultaneous interpretation. Minimum version: 42.5.
1. To use an interpreter, hit the Interpretation button when you are in a meeting with someone else who needs interpretation.
You might even do this while you are waiting for the meeting to begin in the foyer of the building.
2. Select your language from the drop-down menu next to “Original language (floor)” after tapping the “Original language” button.
3. Adjust the sensitivity of the slider to achieve a harmonious mix of the original language and the interpreter’s voice in the audio.
The equilibrium that you have established will remain the same even if you switch from one interpreted language to another or return to the source language.