Detailed instructions are provided below on how to join a Zoom meeting whether you are using Lync 2010, Lync 2013, Office 365, or Skype for Business. If you choose to join the webinar through Skype for Business/Lync, you will participate as a panelist.
In addition to being able to use our Skype for Business plugin with this also, the app can also be used independently of it.
- This is the case regardless of whether the plan is Enterprise, Business, Education, or Pro
- Skype for Business 2015, Skype for Business 2016, Lync 2010 Windows client, Lync 2013 Windows client
- Must have account owner or administrator privileges
- An audio call using either G.722, SILK 16K, or G.711 codecs is possible
- Possible. A video call using H.264UC or RTVC1 codecs is also possible
- When you use RDP or the native Desktop Sharing feature
- That uses SRTP for media encryption
- The Lync/Skype for Business integration does not currently support whiteboarding, presentation, instant messaging, and voting
- Voting, however Zoom can share whiteboards and PowerPoint presentations via screen sharing
- Sharing, so participants can join webinars as panelists
Enabling the Skype for Business/Lync Integration
- After logging into the Zoom Web Portal, go to the Account Settings section.
- Zoom meetings (blue) can be joined by Skype for Business (Lync) clients under In Meeting (Advanced).
If a verification dialog displays, choose Turn On to verify the change.
Using the Skype for Business/Lync Integration
- You can get the Zoom meeting ID from the host or organizer
- Click the “Contacts” button in Skype for Business/Lync. Browse through your contacts
- You will need to type ‘MeetingID@lync.zoom.us’ In this case, the meeting ID is 967514938 and the join link is https://zoom.us/j/967514938. In the meeting invitation, this will be included. You can start a Lync meeting with this contact by selecting the video camera icon after searching.
- You will then be connected to the Zoom meeting
- When prompted for the meeting password, you can enter the numeric password using the Call Controls.
- The “1” key switches between Gallery View (2×2, 3×3, 4×4, and 5×5) and Active Speaker view
- for one participant only
- (2×2, Active Speaker)
- 10-19 Participants: 2×2, 3×3, Active Speaker
- Speaker; 10-16 Participants: 3×3, 4×4; Active Speaker
- The following 17 participants are present: 2×2, 3×3, 4×4, 5×5, Active Speaker
- If the current Gallery View doesn’t include all participants, you can page between screens by pressing “4” or “6”.
Zoom and Skype for Business/Lync Federation setup instructions are available in our Lync Federation setup guide.