Provisioning with Zoom is Just-In-Time (JIT) by default. By using SAML mapping, Zoom will create an account for a user when they log in. You can, however, choose not to create Zoom accounts automatically when a user attempts to sign in by using pre-provisioning instead and creating users via REST API or CSV.
Note: Newly created users whose associated domain does not match an approved domain will be contacted by email to verify their email address.
- An account with Zoom configured for SSO
- for account owners
Enabling Pre-Provisioning for Your Account
- Navigate to the Single Sign-On page by logging into your Zoom account.
- After clicking Edit, you will be taken to the page.ng Edit, you will be taken to the page.
- Click Prior to Sign-in after Provisioning User.
- Click Save Changes to save your changes.
Adding Users via REST API
Your account will also have Create API enabled when pre-provisioning is enabled. SSO will be the only way for users created through this API call to login. Users will not be required to create a password.
Licensed users are generated a Personal Vanity URL using their user name (no domain) in the provisioning email. It generates a random number/random personal vanity URL if the user name or PMI is invalid or occupied.
Learn how to add users via REST API.
Adding Users via CSV
- Log into the Zoom web portal.
- Select Users from the navigation panel.
- Select Users from the list.
- On the right, click Import.
- Fill out the CSV sample by clicking Download CSV Sample.
- Note: The CSV sample can also be downloaded directly.
- Spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Excel, can be used to view the file.
- Using CSV format, enter the users’ information. There should be a column for each item of information.
Note: Please note that the first three columns must be filled out. You can change the information in the other columns after the users have been imported.
- Your email address is required.
- The first name is mandatory.
- Please provide your last name.
- of User Services
- in the Information Management Group
- Job Description
- The spreadsheet should be saved as a CSV (comma-delimited) file.
- The license type can be Basic, Licensed, or On-Prem. You can apply any features you desire. The CSV file includes all users.
- Select SSO Users.
- Browse to the file you wish to upload.
- Click Open on the .csv file you wish to upload.
- Your users list will be automatically updated with the new users.