By using your host key or pairing through the web, you can start a meeting from an H.323 or SIP device. Unlike other Zoom clients or Zoom Rooms, only certain host functions are available when a SIP/H.323 device starts a meeting using the host key:
- Meeting about locking/unlocking
- recordings in the cloud
- View Participants and Allow All in Waiting Room
- Mutes all participants upon entry
- to the meeting room
Participants in the meeting will see them as “Guest” regardless of whether they use the host key or pair. Because of this, participants using other Zoom clients may see the notification “Host is not in the meeting yet”, even though the device has joined as the host.
Prerequisites for starting a meeting from a SIP/H.323 endpoint
- Your account has been enabled for Cloud Room Connector
How to include the Host Key in the Dial String
You can join a meeting as the host by including the host key in the dial string.
Meeting passwords are modified to accommodate room systems whose keypads only accept numeric characters. In the process of creating a meeting invitation, passwords are converted to number strings. Passwords required by room systems and not by other devices are affected by this change.
Meetings without a password:
Meetings with a password:
[IP Address]##[Meeting ID]#[Password]#[Layout]#[Host Key] Example: 192.168.1.25##123456789#12345#11#123456
Meetings without a password:[Meeting ID]…[Host Key]@[IP Address] Example: 123456789…firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings with a password:[Meeting ID].[Password]..[Host Key]@[IP Address] Example: 123456789.12345..email@example.com
How to enter the Host Key on the Splash Screen
- Call the Zoom IP address included in the meeting invitation or the one found on your Cloud Room Connector page.
- Enter Meeting ID and #.
- Type your Host Key after that.
- The meeting will now be hosted by you.
How to join via Pairing
- From the H.323 or SIP device, dial the IP address (found in the meeting invitation or on your Cloud Room Connector page) to reach the splash screen.
- Sign into My Meetings online.
- Select the icon on the top right.
- Then click Join from H.323/SIP.
- Provide the pairing code and meeting ID.
- Select Connect.
How to access the host options
SIP/H.323 in-meeting menus include host options. If the host key was not entered before joining, you will be prompted to enter it when accessing the menu.
This article answers:
- What is the process for starting a meeting from a H.323 or SIP device?
- Does this allow me to record meetings?
- Using the Conference Room Connector
- Inviting a SIP/H.323 room system to a meeting
- Using your host key
- Calling a SIP/H.323 room system from the client
- Deploying the Virtual Room Connector