Using a Zoom Room on the same account, a user can schedule a meeting and invite a Zoom Room to join it without having to start the meeting from the desktop client or app. The Zoom Room will have full control of the meeting.
Prerequisites for joining as a Zoom Room host
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room
- PC: 4.3.0 (390.0130) or higher
- MacOS: 4.3.0 (446.0130) or higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller
- Android: 4.3.6 (40253.0127) or higher
- IOS: 4.3.6 (220.0125) or higher
- Role on the web portal with Zoom Rooms privileges (to enable)
When running an older version of Zoom Rooms, devices on the same account as the host will automatically take over host control if they join the meeting before the host does.
How to enable joining as a Zoom Rooms host
When Zoom Rooms joins before the meeting host, it automatically becomes the host. This setting can be disabled or re-enabled for all Zoom Rooms on your account if necessary. You can easily do this from the Zoom Rooms web interface. If you want to use the location hierarchy, you can also enable this setting.
- Log in to the Zoom website using the username and password you created earlier.
- Then, click Zoom Rooms and then Room Management.
- On the Account Settings page, click the Edit icon.
- Select Meeting from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure that the toggle for Making the Zoom Rooms the host if they join before the host is able to join the meeting is enabled.
- Click the toggle if it is disabled and then click Enable in the dialog box that appears.