A Zoom Room can be joined or started in a variety of ways. With Zoom Rooms integrated with calendar services, you choose from a list of scheduled meetings. You can also call into meetings or enter meeting IDs.
Room controllers for iOS and Android devices are covered in this article.
This article covers:
- How to start a scheduled meeting as the host
- How to start an instant meeting
- How to join a meeting using the meeting ID
- How to join a meeting using meeting history
- Other methods to start or join a meeting
Prerequisites for starting or joining a meeting from a Zoom Room
- Versions of Zoom Rooms greater than 5.9.0
- Zoom Rooms controller version 5.9.0 and later
How to start a scheduled meeting as the host
- Zoom Room‘s remote control can be accessed by tapping the Home button.
- You can select the meeting topic from the list.
- Unless you have added the Zoom Room to Google Calendar, Office 365, Exchange 2016/13, Exchange 2010 or Exchange 2007, it is still not possible to display meetings from a calendar service.
- Simply tap Start.
How to start an instant meeting
- Go to the left panel and tap Contacts.
- Now you need to tap one of the contacts you wish to meet with.
- To start an instant meeting, you need to tap Meet.
How to join a meeting using the meeting ID
- The Home button is located on the left panel.
- Click the Join button and use the number pad to enter the meeting ID.
- Tap the Join button.
How to join a meeting using meeting history
- On the left side, tap Home.
- You will see a list of recently joined meetings by tapping the icon.
- Join the meeting by tapping the topic.
Meetings that were joined with the meeting ID will appear in the meeting history list.
Other methods to start or join a meeting
- Calling out using a telephone
- While using the H.323/SIP protocol
- To join a meeting with a third party