The Zoom web portal allows you to schedule and start meetings, but the Zoom application also allows you to do so. It is also important to access the Zoom application to set and use certain in-app settings/features, such as Virtual Backgrounds, audio/video settings, and other options.
Zoom Desktop Client and Zoom Mobile App have different features than Zoom’s web portal. Zoom’s web portal is used primarily for configuring meetings and Zoom phones. It can also be used to customize your profile.
- Zoom desktop client latest version
- Go to the taskbar and click the Windows icon.
- Scroll down the list of apps until you find the Zoom folder.
- Open the Zoom folder.
- Press the Start Zoom button to launch Zoom.
- From the taskbar, click Windows.
- To access All Apps, click the down arrow in the bottom left corner.
- Click Start Zoom after you scroll to the Zoom app.
- Right-click on the Windows icon in the taskbar.
- In the All Programs window, click Windows.
- The Zoom folder will appear in the list of programs.
- Double-click Zoom to start it.
- Go to your Dock and find the Finder icon.
- Click New Finder Window from the context menu.
- Click Applications from the new window. Launch zoom.us by double-clicking the icon in your app list.
Note: If Launchpad is on your dock, you can click that to open your applications list. From there, you can open Zoom.
Saving Zoom to your Dock
- after opening Zoom
- by right-clicking the Zoom icon.
- Select Keep in Dock from the Options menu.
- Go to the top of your screen and swipe up. To do this, tap the icon for All Apps at the top of the screen.
- Select Zoom.
- Open the Home screen.
- Tap Zoom from the Home screen.
- environments are recommended to use the VDI client. In addition, environments that use media extensions, which Zoom does not currently support, are recommended to use the VDI client. It is not recommended or supported to use the standard desktop client in a VDI environment.