The Support team may ask you to install Zoom’s special troubleshooting package after you report an issue through the desktop client, in order to collect more information about the issue and help Zoom engineers investigate it. These files must be sent via your existing Zoom support ticket after recreating the issue. In the troubleshooting version, Zoom support or engineers do not have access to your computer, instead they gather more information about your particular problem.
- The Support team has provided a link for you to download the installation package
- Double-click to begin
- Login to new Mac client. Ignore any updates prompts.
- Duplicate the problem.
- Click the Open Log Folder or Console.app > ~/Library/Logs > zoom.us
- Zip the latest log files and name them with the ticket number: for example, ticket 4444.zip or yourname.zip.
- You can zipped up the log and send it or upload it to Dropbox/Google Drive and share the link
- To re-install Zoom, uninstall this troubleshooting version from the Downloads page after sending the logs.
Locating Log Folder
- Launch the Finder
- by clicking Go at the top of the screen.
- The Library folder should appear when you hold down the Option/Alt keys.
- Click on the Logs folder.
- The zoom.us folder should appear when you control click or right click.
- Select Compress “zoom.us”.
- In your support ticket, please send us the zipped log or upload it to Dropbox/Google Drive and include the link.