The Support team may ask you to install Zoom’s special troubleshooting package after you report an issue through the desktop client, in order to collect more information about the issue and help Zoom engineers investigate it. These files must be sent via your existing Zoom support ticket after recreating the issue. In the troubleshooting version, Zoom support or engineers do not have access to your computer, instead they gather more information about your particular problem.
- From the link provided by the Support team, download the install package.
- Start the installation by double-clicking.
- Log in to the new PC client. Ignore any update prompts.
- Recreate the problem.
- Access the log files by clicking the following link:
- Win7+: C:\Users\your account\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\logs
- XP:C:\Documents and Settings\your account\Application Data\Zoom\logs
- Note: Your computer may hide these folders. The hidden files and folders can be temporarily shown if you search for %appdata%.
- Your ticket number should be used to name the zip file: for example ticket 4444.zip or yourname.zip.
- Please zipped the log or upload it to Dropbox/Google Drive and send us the link in your support ticket.
- Please uninstall the troubleshooting version and re-install Zoom from the Downloads page after sending the logs.