Zoom plans can be upgraded at any time. During your existing subscription period, if you choose to upgrade in the middle of the billing period, your account will be credited a prorated amount for the time remaining on your existing subscription, and the upgrade will be charged in accordance with the credit. In User Management, I recommend that you assign the new license or add-on purchased to a specific user under the Users tab.
Hover over the information icon to find out why the option to Edit Current Plan is greyed out so that you can understand the reason why you cannot make self-service adjustments online. You may be able to see your invoices in the Invoice History tab on the Billing page if this is due to outstanding invoices. In case your desired change is due to another reason, please contact your dedicated account executive for further information.
Adjusting your account plan
Zoom offers you the possibility to upgrade your plan from Pro to Business through the Zoom web portal, or upgrade your add-ons. Upgrades to Enterprise plans should be coordinated through Zoom Sales.
At least 10 licenses are required for the Business plan. You may want to consider purchasing the Large Meeting add-on if you only need an increase in meeting participants, but do not need the Business plan (with a minimum of 10 licenses). You can view the Large Meeting add-on by clicking Billing and then Current Plans in the navigation panel.
Upgrade from a Pro plan to a Business plan
- Access the Zoom web portal by signing in.
- Select Account Management, then Billing from the menu.
- Then click Upgrade Account under Current Plan.
- Select Business from the drop-down list.
- Upgrades to Enterprise plans need to be made through Zoom Sales.
- You can choose whether to pay monthly or annually based on the number of licenses you need.
- Just click the Save button.
- Review your choice. Click Continue if it is correct. You can edit any section by clicking Edit.
- Click Place Order to complete the purchase.
Once your purchase is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
By using the Zoom web portal, you can downgrade from the Business plan to the Pro plan. Click here for more information.
Changing the number of licenses or the frequency of payments
The new license price plan will be prorated for the remainder of the payment period if you add users and must purchase additional licenses. Zoom will renew the subscription at its original rate. If you remove licenses during the subscription term, you will not receive a refund or credit. Those licenses will remain available until the end of your subscription period.
In User Management, you must unassign the licenses if you are removing licenses. Licenses must be assigned to users if you are adding them. Find out more about how to assign licenses to users.
Zoom will prorate your remaining monthly subscription time towards the annual pricing if you are switching from monthly to annual. If you switch from a yearly subscription to a monthly one, Zoom will apply a credit to your account for the remaining time on your annual subscription. Find out more about monthly and annual plans.
- Log in to Zoom.
- Select Account Management in the navigation panel, then select Billing.
- Select the plan you would like to update on the Current Plan tab and click Edit Current Plan.
- Alternatively, you can adjust the frequency of billing (monthly vs. annual) or change the number of licenses in the plan.
- In order to change the quantity of licenses you need on your account, you should select the number of licenses you will need in total, not just the number of additional licenses you will need. This screen should reflect the number 12 rather than 2, for example, if you have 10 licenses and want to add 2 more. The changes in your shopping cart will be reflected if you click on the icon denoting the shopping cart.
- You will be prompted to save your changes.
- Check them out. Select Save & Continue if correct.
- Finish your order by clicking Place Order.
An email will be sent to you with the invoice attached when your purchase was completed successfully.
Purchasing an add-on plan
In the Current Plans section of Billing, under the Interested in Other Available Plans section, you can purchase a variety of add-ons. Different billing cycles do not allow the same add-on to be purchased. It is not possible to buy a Webinar 500 monthly and a Webinar 500 annually.
Exactly one month from the date of purchase, 1-month products expire. In the case of monthly products, you will be charged prorated amounts based on the month you purchase it. Your next monthly billing date will then be the full price for that product.
You can purchase an add-on plan by following the steps below. If you are purchasing multiple licenses of the same add-on, for example Webinar 500 and Webinar 1000, you can follow these steps as well. Instead of editing the existing plan, you will add the new one to your cart.
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing into it.
- To do so, click Account Management, then click Billing in the navigation panel.
- If you go to the Current Plan tab, scroll down until you reach the section Interested in Other Plans.
- You can then add the license to your cart by clicking Add to Cart next to it.
- It is possible to choose whether to pay annually or monthly based on the number of licenses you need.
- After clicking Save & Continue, you will see the following page.
- Make sure you check your changes. Once you have verified they are correct, click Save & Continue.
- To complete the purchase process, click Place Order.
Upon successful completion of your purchase, you will receive a confirmation email. This email will contain an attachment that has the invoice attached to it.
Adding more capacity to an add-on is as simple as clicking Edit Current Plan, and then adjusting the capacity. The previous add-on will be pro-rated and you will be billed a pro-rated charge for the new add-on for the remainder of your billing cycle.