By using the Zoom web portal, Zoom Rooms admins and owners can remotely upgrade or downgrade their Zoom Rooms software. Using Zoom device management from the Zoom web portal, or manually upgrading Zoom Room controller software is possible. However, downgrading the controller software is not possible.
- Ensure that your Zoom Rooms are running version 5.0.5 or higher, and that your Zoom controllers are running the same version. Due to the enhanced encryption enabled between the rooms and controllers in this version, the room needs to run on this version to function properly.
- The process for upgrading or downgrading your Zoom Rooms can be found in the ZDM’s supported upgrade/downgrading process.
This article covers:
- How to upgrade Zoom Rooms
- How to downgrade Zoom Rooms
- How to upgrade the Zoom Room controller app
- How to upgrade Zoom Room Appliances
- How to troubleshoot Zoom Room issues
Prerequisites for upgrading or downgrading Zoom Rooms software
- Zoom Rooms for Conferences
- Conferences: Version 5.0.5 or higher
- On Mac OS 5.0.5 or higher
- Control Panel for Zoom Rooms
- On Android 5.0.5 or higher
- And iOS 5.0.5 or higher
- Accounts with owner or administrator privileges
How to upgrade Zoom Rooms
Windows | macOS
All users of the account will need to upgrade Zoom Rooms:
- As a Zoom admin with the ability to edit account settings, sign into the Zoom web portal.
- Then, select Zoom Rooms from the navigation panel.
- Select Devices from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Upgrade Zoom Rooms from the list.
- Confirm the upgrade click.
Note: The upgrade will be delayed by up to 30 minutes to confirm there are no meetings in progress or about to start when it begins. Zoom Rooms can be downloaded and installed from the Download Center if you need to upgrade quickly.
How to downgrade Zoom Rooms
Windows | macOS
Note: Only the previous version can be downgraded.
For all users on the account, downgrade Zoom Rooms as follows:
- Admins with the privileges to edit account settings should log in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management and then Zoom Rooms from the navigation panel.
- Select the Devices tab.
- Zoom Rooms can be downgraded by clicking the ellipses next to them.
- Click Downgrade Zoom Rooms.
- Confirm downgrading by clicking Yes.The downgraded version of the app will be displayed. You can cancel the downgrade by clicking Cancel.
Note: The Zoom Room will wait 30 minutes before proceeding with downgrading to ensure there are no ongoing meetings.
How to upgrade the Zoom Room controller app
Android | iOS | Windows
Using Zoom’s web portal, device management can be used to update the Zoom Room controller software on these devices.
Embedded Android Zoom Room controllers
- Polycom Trio upgrade
- Typical upgrades are performed by Crestron for Crestron Mercury, Crestron TSS and Crestron TSW.
- How to upgrade a Yealink CP960
How to upgrade Zoom Room Appliances
It is not necessary to upgrade DTEN Zoom Room Appliances, Poly X30, X50, Poly Rally Bar, or Logitech Rally Bar Mini. Accounts and locations cannot be updated.
Note: Appliances in the Neat Bar Zoom Room are updated automatically by Neat.
For all users in the account, upgrade the Zoom Rooms appliances as follows:
- Edit the account settings by logging in as an admin on the Zoom web portal.
- Select Zoom Rooms from the navigation panel.
- Select Devices from the list.
- Click on Filters.
- To find Zoom Room Appliances, select Enrolled in ZDM in the last dropdown menu.
- In the list of Zoom Room Appliances, choose the one you are upgrading.
- Select one of the following options:
- Upgrade OS: This option upgrades the device’s operating system.
- Upgrade Zoom Room: Update the Zoom Rooms application.
- Click the Upgrade OS or Upgrade Zoom Rooms button to upgrade all displayed devices (optional).
- Confirm by clicking Upgrade.
You can view the latest version of Zoom by refreshing the Zoom web portal once the upgrade is complete.
How to troubleshoot Zoom Room issues
Consider these options if you encounter problems during this process.
- Zoom Room should be rebooted.
- Make sure Zoom Room is uninstalled and reinstalled.
- To find out what error codes and messages are associated with meetings and webinars, visit the list.