With the enhanced API Connector, you can easily upgrade from the legacy API Connector with minimal disruption to your users. When your organization is ready to decommission the legacy API Connector, the enhanced API Connector can be deployed while the legacy API Connector is still in use.
Before deploying the new Room Connector, you must first enable the enhanced Room Connector feature on your account.
Prerequisites for upgrading to the enhanced Zoom Connector
- You can sign up for a Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education account
- Role-based privileges for ownership, admin, or “H.323/SIP room conA Zoom account that has a Cloud Room Connector licethat is enabled for Enhanced Room Connector the account
- Installing and running Zoom API Connector locally requires a Windows PC, server, or virtual machine
- with 2 cores
- and 20 GB of memory
Note: The above device requirements, support up to 400 endpoints
How to upgrade the Room Connector
- Log on to Zoom’s web portal.
- You can access Cisco/Polycom Rooms by clicking Room Management in the navigation panel.
- Navigate to the API Connectors tab.
- Select the API Connector you want to install and click Install.
- The installer will begin.
- Enter the following information in the Customize this installation window:
- Plug the Connector ID into the Connector ID field in the installer by copying it from the API Connector page.
- Copy the private key from the API Connector page by clicking the private key field. Paste it into the installer’s Private Key field.
- Follow the wizard’s instructions.
- Refresh the API Connector page, and confirm the second host is listed by clicking on the name of the API Connector.
- You can decommission your legacy API Connector once the new API Connector is online.
Once the VM or host running the legacy API connector has been decommissioned, the legacy host will no longer appear when clicking on the Connector ID.
The API connector log file can be found in the “/logs” folder where you installed the API connector.