you can read also this articles:
The following article has been written to assist people with visual impairments in making the web experience more accessible for them, and is part of the Skype Accessibility content set, which is intended for people using screen readers with Skype. Skype Support home is where you can get more general help.
By searching for chat expressions using the keyboard or by browsing through expression categories using a screen reader, such as NVDA or Narrator, the built-in screen reader that comes with Windows, it is possible to add chat expressions to your instant messages (IM). There are also GIFs, stickers, and GIFs that can be added to emoticons, in addition to GIFs. There are a variety of emoticons that can be used when composing a chat message to express a variety of emotions. An image made up of GIFs or a sticker is a larger unit, which can be sent as a separate message without requiring any additional text to accompany it. We would like to inform you that the following information has been tested and confirmed to work with the latest version of Skype as stated in the title of this article. You can find more information about updating Skype by visiting our How do I update Skype page.
Search for chat expressions
- While typing a chat message in the Type a message text input field, it is essential that you press the Shift+Tab combination at the same time. When the “Open expression picker” box appears, press the Enter key to bring up the expression picker, and the expressions will be displayed.
- Upon clicking the Emoticons tab, a new window will open up with a picker window that will have a focus on the Emoticons tab in it. Using the left arrow key, make sure that you are on the GIFs or Stickers tab, and then press the Enter key once you hear the correct label of the tab.
- Using the Tab key or Shift+Tab, you can quickly find expressions by pressing the Tab key until “Search Edit” appears on your screen. When prompted, enter a brief description of the expression. There are a number of results found by the screen reader as you type in the search box.
- When you press the Tab key twice, you will be able to access the result list. By using the arrow keys on your keyboard, you will be able to browse through the list.
- In order to select an expression, you will need to press the Enter key on your keyboard. After the selection has been made, the expression picker will close once the selection has been made. Your conversation is sent the GIF or Sticker that you selected if you chose one. Your current chat message will appear with the Emoticon you selected added to it if you selected it from the Type a message text box.
Browse chat expression categories
- As you type a message in the Type a message text input field, you should hold down the Shift key and press the Tab key at the same time. Upon hearing the words “Open expression picker,” you should press the Enter key.
- The expression picker will be open in the current window. Right now, the focus is on the Emoticons tab that is located at the top of the expression picker. The left arrow key should be pressed until you hear the name of the Tab you would like to move to, then press Enter to move to the GIFs or Stickers tab.
- In order to select an expression category, you will need to follow the following steps:
- Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, you will be able to navigate between the categories within NVDA using the Left and Right arrow keys on your keyboard. NVDA’s “Tab Control” feature will then appear when you press the Tab key on your keyboard. You will hear the screen reader announce them as you move from point to point on the screen as you move around.
- In order to close the expression picker, you must hold the Shift key down as soon as you hear the phrase “Close expression picker,” and keep Narrator held down at the same time. On your keyboard, you will have the option to move from one category to another by using the Left and Right arrow keys. You will be notified as you move along by the screen reader.
- When you have selected the category you are interested in, press the Enter key to select it. You should be able to scroll through the expressions that are available under a certain category of expressions by pressing the arrow keys on your keyboard. This will move the cursor to the list of results when you press the arrow keys on your keyboard.
- By pressing the Enter key, you will be able to select one of the expressions. You will be able to close the expression picker window once you close the expression picker. You will be able to see the GIF or Sticker in your conversation if you selected one. In the Type a message text field, if you select an emoji from the available options as a reply to the emoticon (emoji), the emoji will be added to your current chat message as a reply to the emoticon you selected.
Technical support for customers with disabilities
Providing a great experience for our customers is one of the top priorities for Microsoft. You can contact the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk for technical assistance if you have a disability or if you have questions about accessibility. Additionally, the Disability Answer Desk support team members are knowledgeable about a variety of popular assistive technologies, so they are able to provide assistance in a variety of languages, including English, Spanish, French, and American Sign Language, in addition to being able to operate a variety of popular assistive technologies. In order to find out the contact details for your region, please visit the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk website.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I open Skype chat window?
How do I enable tabbed conversations on Skype?
- You will need to make sure that the Enable tabbed conversations check box is selected in order to enable tabbed conversations in the conversation panel.
- When the Make tabs one line only check box is selected, every tabbed conversation will be displayed on one line instead of multiple lines.