This article is also available for:
It is meant to give information on how to use a screen reader program with Skype if you also have a visual impairment. This article is part of the Skype Accessibility set which gives descriptions of Skype options. If you are looking for more general help, please visit Skype Support’s main website.
It is possible to buy Skype Credit by using the keyboard and VoiceOver, the screen reader that comes with Mac OS X.
There are a number of features within Skype that aren’t free, and Skype Credit is away to pay for them. Using this app, you are able to send SMS text messages to mobile phones and landlines, as well as make calls to mobile phones. As well as purchasing Skype products like subscriptions and Skype numbers, you can use your Skype Credit to buy products related to Skype.
It is not necessary to subscribe to a monthly service if you want to use Skype Credit when your subscription runs out. There are some How do I update Skype?things to keep in mind when reading this article, and they pertain to the latest version of Skype. For more information, please to
Buy Skype Credit
- You can do this by pressing Command+2 while you are in the Skype main view. There is an opening on the dial pad.
- It is very to press the Tab key until you hear “Skype to Phone” and then press Return.
- As soon as you click on Skype to Phone, the page opens up. Your Skype Credit balance is announced by VoiceOver as soon as it becomes available. In order to move down the page, you will need to press Caps Lock + Right Arrow repeatedly. There are a number of options that are available to you.
- Upon hearing the option you desire, press the Tab key until you hear “Link, Proceed with Skype Credit purchase,” and then press the Return key when you hear the option you want.
- The first time you purchase a Skype product, the page information will open in your browser if it is your first time purchasing a Skype product. To move from one field of text to another in the form, press the Tab key on your keyboard and type the information that is required in each field.
- Then press the Tab key until you hear the word “Save” and then press the Return key to complete the process.
- Upon clicking Check your order and pay, the Check your order and pay page will open. After you have heard the payment method you wish to use, press the Tab key until it is highlighted, and then press Return to proceed.
- When you click the Tab key, you will be able to navigate to the text fields for the selected method and type the information you need.
- Upon completion of the payment process, press the Tab key until you hear “Pay now” and then press the Return key.
Technical support for customers with disabilities
Using Microsoft products should be a positive experience for all of our customers. If you have questions regarding accessibility or technical assistance relating to your disability, you can contact the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk. There are a variety of assistive technologies available for people with disabilities, and an expert support team can provide support in English, Spanish, French, and American Sign Language for people with disabilities. Please go to the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk site to find out the contact details for your region.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to buy Skype credits?
A Skype subscription or Skype Credit is required to make a call from Skype to a mobile or landline, but Skype to Skype calls are free.
How do I load a Skype voucher?
Create an account and log in. Select Redeem voucher under Account details > Billing and payments. On the prepaid card, enter the PIN code hidden under the scratch-off area underneath the unique voucher number. Click Redeem after agreeing to the Skype terms of service.
How do I buy a Skype subscription?
How do I purchase
- Your device should be open to Skype.
- Your profile picture can be selected here.
- Choose. Skype to Phone.
- You can find a subscription of your choice under Subscriptions. If there are more options available, select View all subscriptions in order to see them.
- The subscription you wish to purchase can be purchased by selecting the Continue button:
Why is my Skype payment not working?
The possibility exists that the Skype Credit you’ve been using to make a purchase will not be sufficient to cover the cost of the purchase. In this case, it’s possible that you do not have enough Skype Credit to cover the purchase. Using your profile, or in your account, you can check the balance of your Skype Credit.
Can I send Skype credit to a friend?
Skype Credit can be given as a gift in two different ways: either by purchasing a Skype voucher online or by sending someone your own Skype Credit from the balance in your account.
Can you pay through Skype?
It is true. Using your credit or debit card is one of the easiest ways to pay for Skype products, such as subscriptions.
All images and contents credit goes to supportskype.com