There are also versions of this article available for:
For Windows, Skype for Windows, and for Mac, Skype for Mac
The article is part of the Skype Accessibility content set for people with visual impairments who use a screen reader program with Skype. To get more general help, visit Skype Support home.
If you have an iOS device, you can use VoiceOver. If you have an Android device, you can use TalkBack.
There are some features in Skype that are not free, so you can use Skype Credit to pay for them. In addition to making calls to landlines and mobile phones, you can send SMS text messages using it. Additionally, Skype products such as subscriptions and Skype Numbers can be purchased using Skype Credit.
Without having to sign up for an ongoing subscription, you can buy more Skype Credit when it runs out. In this article, we provide information for using Skype’s latest release. For more information, please go to How do I update Skype?
You are assumed to be using an iPhone or Android phone in this article. On an Android tablet or iPad, navigation and gestures may differ.
For Android and iOS, we assume you are using TalkBack or VoiceOver.
Because the process differs slightly for iOS and Android, this article is divided into two sections.
You can learn more about accessibility features by visiting What accessibility features are available for Skype?
The topic of this article is
Buy Skype Credit on iOS
Buy Skype Credit on Android
On iOS, you can buy Skype Credit
- Double-tap the screen after hearing “Calls” in Skype.
- Tap the screen twice until you see “Skype to phone, add funds,” or a reading of your current Skype Credit balance.
- Click on Skype to Phone to open the page. You will hear VoiceOver announcing how much Skype Credit you have left and how many subscriptions you have. The page can be scrolled down with one finger. A list of options is presented to you.
- Double-tap the screen after you hear “Continue,” when you hear the option you want.
- A “Buy Subscription” message appears (if you’ve chosen a subscription). You can double-tap the screen after you swipe right until you hear “Pay Now.”.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to type your Apple ID password if you’re prompted to sign in. Double-tap the screen after one finger is slid around the center until you hear “Buy.”
- The page for billing details opens if you are purchasing a Skype product for the first time. By swiping right, you can navigate the options. Select an option by double-tapping the screen. The text fields can be filled in using the on-screen keyboard.
- Double-tap the screen once you hear “Done” after you swipe left.
Buy Skype Credit on Android
- Double-tap the Skype screen when you hear the “Calls tab.”
- Then double-tap the screen to hear “Skype to phone, add funds,” or “get credit” followed by “swipe left.”
- You are taken to the Skype to Phone page. The TalkBack feature lets you know how much Skype Credit you have left and how many subscriptions you have. The page can be scrolled down by sliding one finger down the screen. A list of options is presented to you.
- When you hear the option you wish to purchase, swipe left until you hear a message that says “Proceed with Skype Credit purchase.” A few minutes after that, you will hear the price of your selected item. Tap twice on the screen to make a double-tap.
- When you purchase a Skype product for the first time, a page in your browser will appear asking you for your billing details. The text fields in the form can be moved through by swiping right and left. You will be able to type the information that you need using the keyboard on the screen.
- You will hear “Save” when you swipe right, and then double-tap the screen as soon as you are finished.
- You will be taken to a page where you can check your order and make payment. You can choose a payment method you would like to use by sliding left until you hear it and double-tapping it.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to type the necessary information in the text fields associated with the selected method, then swipe right to navigate the text fields.
- As soon as you’re finished, swipe right until you hear the words, “Pay now,” and then double-tap the screen once you’ve done that.
Technical support for customers with disabilities
In order to provide our customers with the best possible experience, Microsoft strives to provide the best service. Should you require technical assistance or have questions about accessibility, please do not hesitate to contact us. If you are having trouble accessing Microsoft’s Disability Answer Desk, you can reach them. Our Disability Answer Desk team is experienced in using a variety of assistive technologies and is fluent in English, Spanish, French, and American Sign Language. To obtain the contact details for your region, you can go to the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk page on the Microsoft site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I buy Skype credit to make Phone calls?
In addition to being convenient and easy to use, Skype Credit also offers a way to pay for services that are not free in Skype. The Skype service is available in many languages, and its low rates make it a great choice for making calls (both mobile and landline) and sending SMS message.
How do I add credit to Skype on Android?
Make sure that you have Skype installed on your device. The profile picture you want to use should be selected. Using Skype to make a phone call. If you wish to add or purchase Skype Credit, you will need to select the amount of Skype Credit you wish to add.
How do I pay for Skype Credit?
You can buy credit from your Skype Manager dashboard by clicking on the Buy Credit button. In the case that you are purchasing Skype Credit for the first time, please select your payment method, and click Next to proceed. In order to purchase Skype Credit, you will need to select the amount you would like to purchase. In the case of purchasing Skype Credit using a credit card or PayPal, you can enable or disable Auto-recharge as part of the purchase process.
How do I add credit to Skype on iPhone?
Using your mobile device, you can purchase Skype credit using the following steps:
- Using your iPhone or Android, open the Skype app and tap your profile picture at the top of the screen, which will take you to your profile page.
- The next step is to tap “Skype to Phone.”…
- The amount of credit you wish to add will appear on the screen, then you will be prompted to tap “Add $ credit” and confirm the payment.
Can I send Skype credit to a friend?
Go to the Skype Credit page and select the recipients you would like to send credit to. You can send credit to a specific contact by selecting the contact you would like to send it to. If you would like to send credit, you can select the amount and design of the gift card that you would like to send. We will walk you through the process of purchasing Skype credit as soon as you select Buy Skype Credit.
All images and contents credit goes to supportskype.com