You can read also this articles:
This content is a part of a set of Skype accessibility content that is designed to help people who use screen reader programs to assist them in interacting with Skype and has been written specifically to assist them in doing so. Visit Skype Support’s home page for more general information about the service.
Using Skype for Mac is a great way to view, navigate, and access the profile of a contact you are chatting with or a person you have been chatting with. You can do this by using the keyboard and VoiceOver, which is the built-in screen reader on most Macs. There are numerous options on your profile, including the ability to start a call or conversation, to block or delete a contact, and to display the Chat gallery, which stores all the files and links that you and the other contacts shared during the chat. In this article, we have provided you with information about using Skype with the latest version of the software. How do I update my Skype software? You can find more information on how to update your Skype software by visiting the How do I update my Skype page.
View a profile
- When you want to view the Contacts section in Skype, you will need to press Command+Shift+C simultaneously in order to do so. Press Option+1 if you would prefer to open the list of chats instead of the chat window.
- The VoiceOver modifier keys (Control + Option) can be used along with the Left and Right arrow keys if you would like to navigate to the contact’s profile by using the Contacts or Chats list on the left side of the screen to navigate to the contact’s profile. By doing this, you can access the contact’s profile by using the VoiceOver modifier keys (Control + Option). When VoiceOver announces the correct contact name, you should press Control+Option+Shift+M so that the context menu will be displayed.
- The left arrow key must be pressed until the word, “View profile” appears, and then the right arrow key must be pressed until the phrase, “View profile” is heard. A new window will open up with the profile of the user.
Navigate a profile
From the profile of someone with whom you’ve chatted or someone with whom you’ve connected with, you can take a variety of actions.
Add a contact to favorites
It is recommended that, when viewing a profile, you press the Tab key until you hear the words “Add to favorites” followed by the Return key. You will be able to see all of the chats or contacts you have marked as favorites on the left side of the screen as soon as you click on them.
Rename a contact
- If you press the Tab key until you hear the words “Edit profile,” you will be able to make changes to your profile. After you hear the words “Edit profile,” you will need to press the Return key in order to save your changes.
- The name of the contact will be able to be heard by pressing the Tab key on your keyboard. There is a field provided in the form where you can put the new name for the contact.
- Press the Shift+Tab key once you hear the word “Save” and then hit the Return key for the document to be saved as soon as you hear the word “Save”.
Start a chat or call
When you have the contact’s user profile open, you can do one of the following to get started with a chat or a call:
- When you hear the message “Send message”, you can tap the Tab key on your keyboard to send a message to the contact, and when you tap the Return key on your keyboard, you will be able to open a chat window with the contact.
- Hold down the Tab key until you hear the words “Start call,” followed by the return key on your keyboard, and you’ll be able to start a call.
- Pressing the Tab key until you hear the text “Start video call,” is the first step in starting a video call, after which you must press the Return key until you hear the text “Start video call.”
- It is possible to start a private conversation by pressing the Tab key until you hear the phrase “Start a private conversation” and then pressing Return to send an invitation to join the private conversation. There is no doubt that private conversations take place over encrypted messages, media files, and voice calls, and this is a very important aspect to note.
Create a new group
- Pressing the Tab key on a contact profile will allow you to hear the words “Create a new group with,” followed by the name of the contact, and then you will need to hit the Return key. In the course of the dialog, a message will appear that says “Create a new group, dialog.”
- As you are creating a new group, you are presented with a search button, a list of members who are currently in the group, as well as a suggestion of new members to add. You can switch between these two menus by pressing the Tab key on your keyboard or you can press Shift+Tab on your keyboard. You can use the Return key on your keyboard whenever you hear the “Search people and bots” button selected in order to search for someone you are interested in contacting. You can then enter the name of the person you wish to contact in the search bar whenever you hear the button selected that reads, “Search people and bots”. While you are typing, you will be able to perform a search to find what you are looking for. You should use the Up and Down arrow keys to navigate to the correct entry in the list that represents the correct contact as soon as the correct contact is announced in the list, and once the correct contact is displayed, press the Return key to bring up the correct contact.
- It is important to remember that once all the members of the group have been added, the last thing you have to do is press the Tab key until you hear the phrase “Done,” and then press the Return key to complete the process of creating the group.
Use the Chat gallery
During a chat session, you can access a chat gallery where you can view photos, files, and links that have been shared with you during that conversation. As well as browsing previous shared content, you will also be able to add new content to the list.
- After you have heard the message “Open Chat gallery,” press the Tab key until you hear the message “Open Chat gallery,” and then you should press the Return key once you hear this message. Firstly, you will need to close the profile in order to be able to open the Chat gallery.
- You can use the Tab key to access the Media Filter menu and then press the Return key when you hear the words “Media filter menu” at the top of the screen, which will allow you to filter the contents of the Chat gallery. By pressing Up or Down arrow keys, you will be able to select the option that you want, and by pressing Return, you will be able to select it.
- To share a file, press the Tab key until you hear the message “Drop here to share,” press the Return key, and you will be able to share the file. A dialog box called Open appears on the screen. Press the Tab key on your keyboard until you hear the words “Open,” and then press the Return key after choosing the file you would like to share.
Configure chat settings
The chat profile page is the place where the settings can be accessed. A conversation can be turned on or off with notifications, and an entire conversation can be deleted if you wish to do so. As well as the ability to toggle notifications independently for private chats, you also have the option of deleting the private chat or ending it if you have opened one, allowing you to still engage in a private chat while maintaining the end-to-end encryption that the private chat provides.
- If you wish to access the chat settings, you must press the Tab key and hold it until you hear “Chat settings” appear. After that, press the Return key to return to the chat settings.
- The tab key should be pressed a few times to hear the setting that you are looking for, and then you should press the return key to select that setting after hearing it a few times.
Remove or block a contact
To remove a contact:
- Press the Tab key repeatedly until you hear the message “Remove from contact list” within a user profile. Press return when you are finished. You can now remove contacts from your contact list by accessing the window that appears when you click the Remove Contacts button.
- Please press Tab until you hear “Remove” and then press Return once you have heard the word “Remove.” if you wish to remove the item from your list.
To block a contact:
- Once you have selected the “Block contact” option from a user profile, you will have to press the Tab key to hear the message and then the Return key to finish.
- When you want to report abusive behavior by a specific individual, use the Tab key on your keyboard. When you hear “Report abuse by this individual,” press the Return key on your keyboard. Using the Tab key, you can choose an explanation for your report and then press the Return key to select it. You can choose more than one reason, but not all of them.
- Using the Tab key, hold down the key until you hear “Block,” and then press the Return key.Return key to complete the process.
Technical support for customers with disabilities
By providing our customers with the highest quality of service, we strive to provide them with the best possible experience, and we are committed to providing them with the best possible experience. Please contact our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk if you have any questions about accessibility for people with disabilities or if you need technical assistance for people with disabilities. It goes without saying that the Disability Answer Desk’s team of support specialists is also trained in the use of numerous assistive technologies that are popular today. These specialists are also able to provide assistance to individuals who have hearing impairments, speech disorders, or those who use American Sign Language. On the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk website you will be able to find out what the contact details are for your region if you wish to find out what they are.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is layout picker in Skype?
How do I enable content view on Skype
- Select the desired view by clicking on the switch view button located on the top right corner of the screen.
- The menu will allow you to choose from a Grid view, a Speaker view, a Together mode, or a Large gallery based on your preference. You will need to select your scene first before you will be able to make use of the Together mode, and once that is done, you will be able to enable the feature for all chat participants after you have applied and enabled the feature for your scene.
How do you use Skype step by step?
- From your Contacts list, you can search for the person you wish to speak with and call them.
- It will give you the option to select whether you want to make an audio or video call once you have selected the contact you wish to make a call with. Adding more participants to a one-on-one chat or selecting the required option will allow you to make a group call.
- Choose the end call option when you are ready to end a call.
Can you see people on Skype?
Why can I not see the other person on Skype?
If you want to use Skype, make sure that you have the correct camera set up on your computer
Click on the Settings button. Go to the Audio & Video section, and then click on the Camera option. It is important to select the right camera from the drop-down menu. In order to be as safe as possible, you should ensure that you turn off all other applications, such as Zoom, Hangouts, FaceTime, etc., that may be using the camera.
All images and contents credit goes to support.skype.com