If you don’t want to use Zoom Rooms for Touch but have a touch screen monitor, you can disable Windows’ touch screen driver. Zoom Rooms can now be accessed using a touch screen monitor.
You can disable this setting from the controller or web interface in version 4.5.0 (1032.0906) or higher.
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room for Windows, version 4.0.44731.0823 or higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller for Windows, version 4.0.44731.0823 or higher
- And a touch-screen PC with version 10.x or higher
Ensure Zoom Rooms for Touch is closed if it is currently running.
- Log in as an administrator to your Windows PC.
- Enter “device manager” by holding down the Windows key and pressing S.
Device Manager can also be accessed from the Control Panel or by typing “device manager” in the Windows search bar.
- Select Device Manager.
- Expand Human Interface Devices by clicking twice on it.
- The HID-compliant touch screen can be disabled by right-clicking the device, and then clicking Disable device.
This will bring up a dialog box where you are asked to confirm.
- Please click Yes to confirm.
In order to indicate to the user that the HID-compliant touch screen is disabled, you will see an icon beside it.
- Please open Zoom Rooms.
In this case, the touch screen will function as a regular Zoom Rooms display.