Users can send one-way announcements to everyone in the same account by using chat announcements. Admins and account owners can add up to 50 users who can send announcements.
Features and limitations of chat announcements
The following chat features work with chat announcements:
- You can upload images, GIFs, files, and code snippets as announcements
- Announcements can be edited or deleted by only the user who posted them.
- To star an announcement, click the star icon.
- Mark unread announcements by clicking the star icon.
- Adapt notification settings according to your preferences
- and share announcements with others
The following chat features don’t work with chat announcements:
- An announcement can be replied to or reacted to (emoticons)
Note: Users can reply to or react to announcements. Users cannot reply directly to an announcement.
- Those who post images or files can download those announcements.
Note: As an alternative to announcements, you can create a channel with restricted posting permissions.
Enabling chat announcements (admin)
An account owner or admin must enable chat announcements in the web portal and select users who will be able to post announcements. The number of users who can post announcements is 50.
- Log in to Zoom’s website.
- Under Account Management, click the IM Management link.
- You will see an option to edit your IM settings.
- Click on ‘Visibility’ and then ‘Edit’.
- Enable Announcements by clicking the toggle.
- Add users who can post announcements by clicking the plus sign (+).
- You can search for users by their names or their emails, then select the user you want to see.
- Select Add.
Zoom creates an Announcements channel for you. It is only accessible by the users you add. The channel is inaccessible to everyone.
Using chat announcements
Note: It is important to check with the account owner or administrator before posting an announcement.
- Sign in to the Zoom Desktop Client.
- Click Chat.
- Select the Announcements channel.
- Enter a message for all users, then press Enter.
Note: You can also upload images, GIFs, files, and code snippets as announcements.
- Sign in to the Zoom Mobile App.
- Tap Contacts.
- Tap the Channels tab.
- Tap Announcements.
- Enter an announcement to be sent to all users and then press the send icon.
Note: You may also post images, GIFs, files, and code snippets as announcements.