Zoom API Connectors for SIP/H.323 devices can be deployed not just for zone management, but also in high availability configurations. As soon as the secondary Zoom Room API Connector is deployed in High Availability mode, it will run in tandem with the primary Zoom Room API Connector.
Prerequisites for deploying in High Availability
- A Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education account
- Owner, Admin, or “H.323/SIP room connector” Role based privileges
- A Zoom account with a Cloud Room Connector license
- A supported SIP or H.323 device
- A deployed API Connector
- (for installing and running Zoom API Connector software on a Windows PC, server, or virtual machine)
- At least two cores
- of RAM of at least 8 GB
- storage space
Support for up to 200 endpoints is included in the above device requirements
How to set up a second Zoom API Connector for High Availability
- Log in to Zoom’s web portal.
- To access Cisco/Polycom rooms, click Room Management in the navigation panel.
- The API Connectors tab will appear.
- The High Availability API Connector can be installed by clicking Install next to it
- then clicking Run.
- Fill in the following information in Customize this installation:
- Copies the Connector ID from the API Connector page, and pastes it into the Connector ID field in the installer.
- Copy the private key by clicking the private key field on the API Connector page. Paste it into the Private Key field on the Installer page.
- Press Install.
Once Zoom API Connector has been installed, confirm that the second host is listed by clicking on the API Connector name: