Your event participants and you can save closed captions by using the Save Captions feature.
You will be able to save the closed caption history on your computer locally.
Prerequisites for saving captions
- Free account, Pro, Business, or Enterprise account
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Closed captioning feature enabled
- Zoom desktop client
Enabling and disabling save captions
All users within the account can be enabled or disabled by enabling or disabling Save Captions:
- Admins can edit account settings by logging into Zoom.
- You can access Account Management from the left hand side of the screen, and Account Settings from the right hand side of the screen.
- Select the Meetings tab and click it.
- The Save Captions toggle switch can be found under In Meeting (Advanced). You can turn it on and off as needed.
- To confirm that the change has been made, click Enable or Disable if a verification dialog appears.
- In order to make this setting mandatory for all users in your account, you must first click the lock icon, followed by Lock to confirm that the setting should be set to mandatory.
Zoom has renamed the Group Management page to Groups if you created a new account after August 21, 2021, or your account is enabled with the New Admin Experience.
Save Captions can be enabled or disabled for a group of users by following the steps below:
- Admins with the ability to edit groups should log into the Zoom web portal.
- Under the manage users section, click Manage groups.
- From the list of groups, click the appropriate name.
- Then select Meetings from the list of options.
- To enable or disable the Save Captions feature, click the toggle under In Meeting (Advanced).
- Verify the change by clicking Enable or Disable if a verification window appears.
- Grayed out options indicate that they have been locked at the account level and are therefore needing to be changed there as well.
- Click the lock icon, and then click Lock to confirm. If you want this setting to be mandatory for all members of the group, click the lock icon.
For your own use, you can enable or disable Save Captions by following the instructions below:
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by logging in.
- To do so, click Settings from the navigation menu.
- Select Meetings.
- To enable or disable the Save Captions feature, click the Save Captions toggle.
- Verify the change by clicking Enable or Disable on a verification dialog.
- Greyed-out options have been locked at the group or account level, and need to be modified there.
How to save captions
- Start a meeting immediately or schedule one.
- Close captioning is available.
- Click Save closed caption history after you or someone else has entered closed captions.
- You will be able to access your saved captions by clicking the Show in Folder or Finder button.
- Let’s meet.
- Select Closed Caption from the meeting controls.
- You will see the following options:
- In Windows and on Mac, you will see the Full Transcript option.
- Alternatively, you can show the subtitle option on Linux.
- Select Save Transcript and click on the Save button.
- From here, you will be able to see your saved captions in folders or Finder.
The captions you save are stored in the following folders on your computer:
- Windows: C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Zoom
- Mac: /Users/[Username]/Documents/Zoom
- Linux: home/[Username]/Documents/Zoom