Note: Zoom Marketplace now offers an integration with InfusionSoft. Use the Marketplace app to set it up. Click here for more information.
Using Infusionsoft, attendees can be automatically registered for Zoom Webinars, attendance can be tracked, reminders can be customized and follow-up messages can be automated.
You can register your prospects and customers for Zoom Webinars without making them register on the Zoom Webinar Registration page with Zoom-Infusionsoft integration. Infusionsoft will enable them to sign up for Zoom Webinars through links, web forms, product purchases, etc. Infusionsoft can include the unique webinar join link in an email sent as a confirmation once their information is passed over to Zoom via their integration. This custom object will allow you to completely customize any follow-up or reminder emails and provide the registrant with a personalized link to join. YThose who attended can also be tagged so that you can send appropriate follow-up information to them.
Note: You must have a paid Infusionsoft account to follow these instructions. Infusionsoft trial accounts may differ from the examples and instructions listed here.
Prerequisites for integrating with Infusionsoft
- There are four types of accounts: Pro, Business, Education, and Enterprise
- Licensed users with webinar add-on licenses must host webinars
- as account owners or administrators
- with administrative access
- to the Zoom Marketplace to request pre-approval of the Infusionsoft Connector
Note: If the app has not been pre-approved, please contact your Zoom administrator.
Installation and configuration
Configuring the domain and Encrypted Key
- InfusionSoft login
- Click Settings in the Admin section of the InfusionSoft navigation bar.
- Then click Application in the application settings section on the left.
- If you have not enabled the InfusionSoft API, enter your API Passphrase (keep this safe and secure).
- Then click Save.
- Save the Encrypted Key value.
- Infusionsoft domains should be in the format domain.infusionsoft.com. Copy your Infusionsoft domain and save it for future use.
- Navigate to the Zoom Marketplace in your Zoom account.
- Click Infusionsoft.
Contact your Zoom administrator to approve this app if it is not preapproved.
- Installation will begin.
- Accept the permissions the app requests.
Infusionsoft will now be configured.
- Paste the API key and the Infusionsoft domain from steps 2 and 3.
- Then click Save Changes.
Adding custom fields in Infusionsoft
- In the Admin section of Infusionsoft, click Settings.
- Scroll down to the General section and find Custom Fields.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Contact.
- Press OK to save.
- Choose Field from the drop-down menu. Add the field.
- In the Name field, type **_WebinarJoinLink**.
- For the Type, choose Text.
- If you plan on using Infusionsoft for multiple webinars, you can create a custom field with a unique name for each webinar. There can be multiple webinar join links, such as _WebinarJoinLink1, _WebinarJoinLink2, etc.
Webinar and Campaign setup
For each webinar/campaign, Infusionsoft and Zoom require you to complete the following steps.
Schedule a Webinar
- By logging in to your Zoom account, you can schedule a webinar.
- Once you have scheduled the webinar, scroll down to Invite Attendees and click Edit.
- Check Automatically Approved.
- (Optional) Disable confirmation emails in Infusionsoft if you want to send automated emails:
- Click on the Email Settings tab.
- After registering, click Edit next to Confirmation Email to Registrants: Send.
- Click Disable to disable this feature.
- Press OK to continue.
Configuring the Campaign
- Login to Infusionsoft and go to the Campaign Builder page.
- Click Create my own Campaign in order to create a new campaign. (You can also add the registration sequence to an existing campaign).
- In the Campaign Tools section drag a snippet from the Goals section onto the campaign area. In this setup, we will configure a Web Form.
- Double-click the Goal and configure the form with First Name, Last Name, and Email (These are required to register a user for a Zoom Webinar).
- Configure the design and layout as desired.
- Once complete, mark the form from Draft to Ready in the top right.
- In the Campaign Tools section, drag a Sequence snippet from the Sequences section into the campaign area.
- Double-click the blue icon in the bottom left corner of the sequence and select Runs until completed.
- Link the Goal from step 4 to the sequence.
- Double-click the newly created sequence.
- In the Sequence Tools section, locate the Process section and drag a Send HTTP Post snippet onto the campaign area.
- Double-click the Send HTTP Post snippet in order to configure the snippet.
- In the POST URL field, enter your registration URL as displayed on the webinar registration page but replace the last field with the webinar ID.
Example: If the Registration Link is https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_kSuQ7rT4Raux6wQ and the webinar ID is 78623467521. The POST URL field should contain https://zoom.us/webinar/register/78623467521.
- You should configure the following fields in Name / Value Pairs:
- contact_first_name = contact.first_name
- and contact_last_name = contact.last_name
- and contact_email = contact.email
- the questions are
- the custom questions
- (Optional) If you created custom fields for more than one webinar, add an additional field here. The name of this field is joinLinkField= and the unique name set when adding the custom field, for example joinLinkField= _WebinarJoinLink2
- (Leave the Values for the Questions and Custom_Questions blank)
- Change the Draft status to Ready.
- Continue with registration.
- Drag a Delay Timer into the campaign area of the Sequence Tools section. A delay of at least one minute is recommended.
- Select “at least 1 minute” under Wait at least.
- Choose “Any Day” under the Run on section.
- You can configure the time between 12:00 AM and 11:45 PM or as needed in the last section.
- Click the Save button.
- Drag an Apply/Remove Tag onto the campaign area from the Sequence Tools section.
- Select the “Registered for Zoom Webinar” tag by double-clicking the Apply Tag.
- Click Save.
- After that, Drag an Email snippet into the campaign area of the Sequence Tools section.mpaign area.
- Double-click the Email snippet and configure any desired information. Be sure to include the unique join link for the user so they will be able to join the webinar.
- Add a link to the text.
- Highlight the text and click the Link icon from the toolbar.
- Choose Link to: Web address and in the field below enter: Contact._WebinarJoinLink and click Insert/Update.
Note: If you have multiple webinar join links, enter the one that you selected in the HTTP Post section. For example, Contact._WebinarJoinLink2.
- Once complete, mark the email from Draft to Ready.
- Return to the Registration Sequence and then return to the main campaign area.
- In the Campaign Tools section, drag an Email Link clicked snippet to the campaign area.
- Double-click the snippet and choose the link created in step 17/18 and then return to the campaign area.
- In the Campaign Tools section, drag a Sequence snippet onto the campaign area.
- Double-click the snippet and drag an Apply/Remove Tag snippet into the sequence area.
- Double-click the Apply Tag and choose an “Attended Zoom Webinar” tag.
- Once added, click Save.
- Return to the main campaign area and ensure that all elements of the campaign are marked as ready. Be sure to check sub-elements to make sure all elements are ready and marked in sequence.
- Click Publish to publish your campaign.
You now have a campaign that will register your prospects/customers for a Zoom Webinar. It will tag them as registered and tag them as attended if they click the link to join.
Note: Attendees must register through the Infusionsoft page to trigger the sequence and register your attendees in Zoom. If your attendees register through Zoom, they will not be added to Infusionsoft.
How your data is used
Zoom provides the following information to this app: * Webinar Join Link: Provided to Infusionsoft so webinar registrants may access it.
From Infusionsoft, the following information is accessed: * Email – Used to register/join a webinar * First/Last Name – Used to register/join a webinar
Please submit a ticket for additional technical support.