A Poly Trio is a device for the conference room that can act as both a speakerphone and a controller when attached to a Zoom Room. As soon as the Poly Trio is configured, users can join an instant meeting, participate in Zoom meetings and launch screen shares.
This article covers:
- How to use the basic controls
- How to use the in-meeting controls
- How to join a meeting
- How to start a presentation
- How to use phone call-out
- How to access the room controller settings
Prerequisites for using a Poly Trio as a Zoom Room Controller
- License for Zoom Rooms
- Device Poly Trio
How to use the basic controls
When the meeting begins, you can tap Start on the controller to view today’s scheduled meetings. As well as:
- Meet Now:
- Schedule a meeting instantly.
- Enter the meeting ID to join the meeting.
- Send a telephone call if enabled.
- Launch a local screen share within the conference room.
- You can access the settings by tapping the gear icon at the top right of your screen.
An orange alert will also appear if upcoming meeting alerts are enabled. To begin the meeting, tap Start. To end the meeting, tap Dismiss.
How to use the in-meeting controls
- Mute/Unmute Microphone:
- The room’s microphone can be muted or unmuted.
- Start/Stop Video:
- The video camera can be started or stopped.
- Share Content or Camera:
- The sharing instructions will be displayed.
- Camera Control:
- Modify the settings or presets of the PTZ camera.
- Use additional controls with the PTZ camera
- Manage Participants / Participants:
- See who is attending the meeting. As the meeting host, you’ll have control over participants.
- Send a contact, an email, or a phone call.
- Switch Camera:
- Select a secondary camera.
- Change View:
- Choose one of these options to change your video display layout.
- The video of the active speaker will be displayed.
- Display the video of the speaker that is currently active. In addition to the speaker, thumbnails of all the other attendees are displayed below it.
- A grid layout is used to display all attendees.
- Click here to access the room settings (passcode required).
How to join a meeting
Meeting IDs or Personal Link Names can be used to join a meeting:
- Join the app.
- Provide the meeting ID. Enter a link name by tapping Show Keyboard.
- Click Join.
How to start a presentation
Sharing a screen within a room is as follows:
- Presentation on a tap.
- To share a computer screen, simply follow the on-screen instructions, or to share a computer screen on an iOS device, tap iPhone/iPad/Mac.
- Additionally, you can also:
- Stop Sharing:
- By tapping the Stop Sharing button on the control, you will be able to end the sharing process.
- The phone number will be called if it is enabled.
- Start Meeting:
- You can start a Zoom meeting by tapping on Start Meeting.
How to use phone call-out
- Tap the phone.
- Select the country you intend to call from the flag icon on the phone screen.
- Type the number into the phone.
- Then tap the icon to make the call.
How to access the room controller settings
If you are in a meeting, click on More then Settings, or tap the gear icon at the top right, to access the settings when you are not in a meeting.