Prerequisites for using the SIP/H.323 in-meeting menu
- Access to Zoom meetings via H.323 or SIP
- Depending on the menu features, you may have to join the meeting as the host.
How to use the SIP/H.323 main menu
Accessing the main menu
DTMF tones are used to access the Zoom meeting menu via the main menu. The DTMF tones will need to be toggled on some devices using the remote control.
- Press # to activate Polycom’s DTMF keypad
- and the “Touch Tones” feature.
- Press DTMF for Lifesize and presets for Polycom.
- DTMF mode is activated by pressing *, and DTMF mode is exited by pressing Enter (the microphone will not be active in DTMF mode).
- For DTMF mode, press the Far/Near button on the remote control
Main menu options
Once the main menu opens, using your remote:
- Select the video layout by pressing 1. Click here for more information.
Note: If duWhen dual-screen views are enabled, this will change the video layout to either Gallery view and Active speaker view, or Gallery view across both displays. unmute youUnmute your microphone by pressing You may raise/lower your hand with 3.or stop your camera feed.
- Press 5 to start or stop recording.
Note: you will need to be the meeting host to record. Learn more about joining as the meeting host.
- Press 6 to view the participants.
- The Meeting Host Options can be viewed by pressing 7.
This menu will not be accessible if the Host Key was not entered before joining the meeting.
- To hear and view interpreted text, press 8 to activate Language Interpretation
- You can access meeting information by pressing 9, including the Meeting ID, the meeting passcode, encryption status, and the current data center the device is connected to.
- You can access other options by pressing 0.
- Click * to close the menu.
How to use the SIP/H.323 additional options menu
You can access the Additional Options menu by pressing 0 while in the Main Menu. From there:
- Select Dual Screen Mode by pressing 1. As opposed to sending both content and video over the video channel, this sends a single stream over the video channel. If you cannot receive video and content simultaneously, you can toggle between them using this.
Note: This option also needs to be enabled if you are utilizing dual-screen video feeds.
- Press 2 to show or hide names on the participants’ video feeds.
- Press 3 to mute participants upon entry.
Note: you will need to be the meeting host to mute participants upon entry. Learn more about joining as the meeting host.
- When you’re in Gallery View, if not all participants appear on one screen, press 4 to go to the previous screen of participants.
- Press 5 to show or hide non-video participants.
- When you’re in Gallery View, if not all participants appear on one screen, press 6 to go to the next screen.
- Press 7 to show or hide the chat messages from appearing on the display.
- Press 8 to show or hide closed captioning.
- Press 9 to show or hide the active speaker window when viewing screen share content.
- Press 0 for additional options:
- Press 1 to mute your audio.
- Press 2 to mute or unmute your audio.
- Press * to close the menu.
How to use the SIP/H.323 host options
While in the Main Menu, you can press 7 to access options available to the Host. You will need to join the meeting using the host key to utilize the options. If the Host Key was not entered when joining the meeting, you will be prompted to enter the Host Key when accessing the host menu.
The Host options include:
- Press 1 to lock or unlock the meeting.
- Press 2 to start or stop recording.
- Press 3 to view the participants currently in the meeting. The following options are available in the participant menu:
- Press 1 to view only participants in the Waiting Room.
- Press 0 to admit all participants from the Waiting Room.
- Press * to close the menu
- Press 4 to mute participants upon entry.
- Press 5 to end the meeting.
- Press 6 to mute all participants.
- Press 7 to unmute all participants.
- Press 8 to enable or disable Waiting Room.
- Press * to close the menu.