You have access to a private chat room where you can write messages, take screenshots, and save files.
- Install the Zoom client on Windows, macOS, or Linux
- if you have an iOS or Android device
Accessing your personal space
Windows | macOS
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click Chat.
- Under the STARRED section, click your name.
- Enter notes and press Enter to save them by sending it to yourself.
- Open Zoom on your desktop.
- Select Chat.
- Scroll down to your name under STARRED.
- Using the Send button, write a note to yourself.
Android | iOS
- Open the Zoom app and sign in.
- Select the Meet & Chat option.
- Select the star icon at the top-left of the screen.
- Now you need to tap the name of the person you want to star.
- Once you are done typing your notes, you can press Enter to send them to yourself, and they will be saved.
Using your personal space
Zoom chat includes the following features. To save content to your personal space, press Enter after sending it to yourself.
- Capture a portion of your screen
- Store files or pictures
- Save a code snippet (desktop client only)
- Save emoticons or animated GIFs