Check-in and check-out features help you make the most of your Zoom Rooms. Users must start a Zoom meeting or check in to keep a room reservation when this option is turned on. A room is made available for others to use if a user does not check in within a configurable number of minutes after the scheduled start time. Zoom Rooms activities such as starting an instant meeting, scheduling a meeting, and launching a screen share are considered checking in, and no separate check in is required.
Additionally, if the meeting ends earlier than expected, you can check out of the scheduled meeting, which shortens the calendar event and makes that unused time available again for others to use.
Prerequisites for using check-in and check-out
- Zoom Rooms license
- Zoom Rooms version 5.0.5 and higher
- Zoom Rooms controller version 5.0.5 and higher
How to enable room check-in and check-out
In addition, recurring meetings can automatically be removed from the Zoom Room after a specified number of missed check-ins.
- Login to the Zoom website.
- Click Zoom Rooms under Room Management.
- Different rooms or locations can have this setting enabled using the location hierarchy. Click Account Settings to enable it for the entire account.
- Click the Room Check-In/Check-Out switch under the Setup section.
- (Optional) Change these settings:
- Change the amount of time before a meeting when users can check in and the amount of time after a meeting has started before it is released. There is a drop-down menu or you can manually enter a number.
- On the Zoom Rooms display, select Notify in-room participants when users check in so that in-meeting participants know when the next scheduled meeting begins.
- When Remove recurring meetings after instances is selected, recurring meetings will be automatically removed from the Zoom Room after a specified number of missed check-ins.
- Click Save to finalize any changes.
How to use room check-in
Checking into a Zoom Room is as simple as starting a scheduled meeting, instant meeting, screen share, or calling out from the room. The controller or scheduler can also be used to check in.
The meeting will be cancelled if you do not start or check in within the configured time.
To confirm that you’re in the room, tap Check In on the controller. The Zoom meeting controller will list Start instead of Check In if the scheduled meeting is a Zoom meeting.
For the Zoom meeting, tap Check In.
How to use room check-out
Tap the Check Out option on the controller to cancel your meeting so that the rest of the time slot is free. If your meeting ends early, you can make the room available to others by tapping the Check Out option on the controller.