Zoom webinar registration information can be automatically populated into Pardot prospect lists through this integration. This integration allows Pardot users to view webinar information. With Pardot, you can follow up with prospects using standard marketing automation processes. This allows you to:With Pardot, you can:
- Registration for a Zoom Webinar should automatically add participants to a Pardot list.
- Attendees can be added to a Pardot list when they attend a Zoom Webinar.
- When participants do not attend a Zoom Webinar, automatically add them to a Pardot list.
- Specify which domains should not be included in the list.
- Pass webinar registration information to Pardot.
- Webinar license included with Pro account
- with Salesforce Pardot Plus or higher
- account owner or administrator privileges:
- Manage users
- or edit integrations
- The Pardot app has been pre-approved in the Zoom App Marketplace
How to install from the Zoom App Marketplace
- Log in with your Zoom account.
- In the search box on the top right of your screen, type the name of Pardot to find it.
- Click the Pardot app you found when you searched.
If this app has not been preapproved, please contact your Zoom administrator.
- Click here to install.
- When prompted, click Authorize.
How to grant integration access to the Pardot account
In order to sync webinar data to Pardot lists, Zoom integration access must be granted to your Pardot account. Login only through Pardot or through Salesforce OAuth.
Use Pardot-only login
- to Zoom.
- Select the App Marketplace in the navigation menu.
- Choose Pardot from the list.
- Click Manage then Configure at the top of the page.
- Your Pardot account access information is required to create your lists.
- You will need your email address.
- You will also need your username.
- You will need an access token.
- Access it by logging into Pardot.
- Click Settings, then My Profile, then API User Key.
Use Salesforce OAuth
To install the package and approve SSO, go to the Salesforce SSO setup page:
- Sign into Salesforce as an administrator.
- Click on the Salesforce SSO setup link.
- Select Install Package from the menu.
- Verify that Salesforce is not blocking OAuth usage for Connected Apps.
- Make sure Permitted Users are included in Salesforce’s OAuth policies.
- To authorize, click the Authorize button.
- Enter your Pardot business unit ID.
- Check the domain exclusion box if necessary.
Set up exclusion domains
You can specify email domains to exclude from the data sync.
- Sign in to Zoom.
- Click the link under Advanced.
- Choose Pardot from the drop-down menu.
- Click Configure from the Manage page.
- By adding email domains to the Exclusion Domains field, you can prevent them from being added to Pardot lists.
How to set up Pardot lists to sync with Zoom Webinar
- Log in to your Pardot account.
- Create the following lists to receive registration information from Zoom Webinar:
- Registration information for webinar participants is synced to this list.
- Registration and attendance information of webinar participants is synced to this list through the integration.
- Registration information for webinar participants who did not attend is synced through this integration.
- The following Pardot lists need to be added to use this integration:
- Log in to Zoom.
- In the navigation menu, click Webinars.
- Open or create a webinar.
- Enable Registration Required.
- Choose Configure from the drop-down menu.
- When you have selected a Pardot list, click Save.
How to synchronize registration questions to Pardot
When you register with Zoom, the following Pardot fields will be filled automatically:
The field name -> External field in Pardot
- Name -> firstname
- followed by lastname
- Location -> location
- Country -> country
- Zip Code -> zip code
- Location -> location
- Contact -> contact
- Description -> description
- Company -> company
- Sector -> sector
- Period of Purchasing -> period of Purchasing
- Participation in the Purchase Process -> participation_in_the_purchase_process
- #of_employees -> #of_employees
- Comments & Questions -> comments
You can map different fields to different destinations using Pardot’s custom field mapping utility:
- Navigate to the Pardot configuration page.
- Click on Custom Field Mapping.
- For each field, select the Zoom registration question and the corresponding Pardot custom field.
- You can do this by clicking on the Admin tab, then selecting Field Configuration, then Prospect Fields.
- For each field, click Add Custom Field.
- For the field name, type Custom Field ID.
Synchronize custom questions to Pardot
You can add custom questions to Pardot to collect additional information from Zoom Webinar participants. Using Pardot’s custom fields, you can map questions to fields.
This process is automated.
- Adds fields to Pardot.
- Names the fields similarly to the custom questions.
- Removes spaces and replaces them with underscores.
What is your reason for participating in this webinar?
The Pardot Custom Field: What do you hope to gain from this webinar?
Ask questions specific to your situation. Use the correct case.
Synchronize custom questions with Pardot
- through your Pardot account.
- Give the custom field the exact name “custom_question”.
- Access the Zoom web portal.
- Create the Pardot account.
- Choose Custom Field Mappings from the drop-down menu.
- Create a new field mapping for custom_questions and make it the Zoom Registration Field.
- Make it active.
Pardot synchronizes all of your custom questions thanks to the “custom_questions” field mapping. No separate mapping is needed.
Add custom questions to Zoom Webinar registration
- as registration questions.
- On the navigation bar, click Webinars.
- Select your webinar from the list.
- On the Approval Options page, click Edit.
- On the Custom Questions tab, click New Question.
- Any question can be added here.
How to enable webinar registrations from Pardot
Registration for Zoom webinars can be done using Pardot forms.
If you installed the Pardot integration app before February 28, 2021, you need to reinstall it on Zoom App Marketplace. You can do this by logging into your Zoom account and clicking Reinstall.
(Optional) Configure Zoom to send webinar link to Pardot
Using Pardot, Zoom can automatically send webinar links to Pardot.
- To access Zoom, log in as an administrator.
- Select App Marketplace from the Advanced menu.
- Click Pardot.
- Click Manage then Configure at the top right of the page.
- On the Custom Field Mappings tab, map webinar_join_link to the Zoom Registration Field.
- This is the Paradot connection.
Add Zoom Webinar layout template
Create a template for defining the Zoom Webinar registration form in Pardot. You can reuse the template for multiple forms.
- Enter your Pardot login information.
- Click the Forms tab in Pardot Marketing.
- Select Layout Templates then Add Layout Template.
- Choose a name for the template and a folder for it.
Pardot automatically includes code lines which may cause errors when participants submit the form.
- Place code lines 4-8 at the top of the Form tab.
- Press Save.
You should also move the code lines in the Pardot layout if you are using a Pardot landing page.
Create registration forms
- In Pardot, access Pardot Marketing then click the Forms tab.
- Access Forms then Add Form.
- Enter the form name.
- Select a folder and a campaign.
- Click Next.
- Add the field information you want to be retrieved from the webinar. Only the following fields are supported:
- First name
- Last name
- Job title
- Country code
- Set up the layout and format for the registration form. Access Look and Feel and select the Zoom layout template you created.
- Enter the display text for the Submit Button Text.
- Click Next.
- Configure the thank you text and the redirect destination page:
- Go to Completion Actions then Thank You Content.
- In the editor, click the HTML.
- To redirect participants to a Zoom success page, add the HTML code block.
- Your Zoom Webinar ID: The unique webinar ID from your Zoom Webinar page.
- Your post URL: To get your post URL:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Advanced then App Marketplace.
- Open the Pardot app page.
- In the top right of the page, click Manage then Configure.
- Click Custom Field Mappings.
12. Save your form, and click this link to verify the form.
How to remove the Pardot app
- Using your Zoom account, log into the App Marketplace.
- Click on Manage at the top of the page.
- Select Installed Apps from the navigation menu.
- Uninstall the Pardot app from the list.
How your data is used
This integration app has access to the following information from your Zoom account:
- Details of webinar registration: email, first name, last name, address, city, country, zip, state, phone number, industry, organization, title of job, time frame for purchasing, role in the purchase process, number of employees, comments, questions, attendee information, custom questions
- Pardot syncs webinar registration data to your Zoom account when participants register through Pardot.
From your Pardot account, this integration app can access the following information:
- Pardot lists: These lists can be automatically populated with information about registrants, attendees, and absentees.
- The following information is required for webinar registration: email address, first name, last name, address, city, country, zip, state, telephone number, industry, organization, job title, purchasing timeline, role in the purchase process, number of employees
- Participants’ registration data for webinars from Pardot is synced to your Zoom account.
You can submit a support request for additional assistance.