check it in video
Create a team
- By selecting Join or Create a Team, you can either join an existing team or start a new team. Creating your own team is a great way to get to know others, or you can discover existing teams.
- Click on the Create team button.
- Add a short description of what the team does and give it a name.
- By default, your team will be private, so if you want to invite other people or groups to the team, you will need to add them first.
- Choose Public if you want your team to be visible to every member of the organization so they can find it and join it.
- Members can be added to the group. A person, a group, or even an entire group of contacts can be added to a contact list. Use the email address of the person you are inviting to include them as a guest if they are out of your organization. It is also a good idea to give them a friendly display name.
- After adding all the members to the group, click on Add, and then click Close when you are finished.
Create a channel
In order to announce important news, and communicate information that needs to be shared throughout the team, the General channel is given by default to each team, and this is an excellent place for you to communicate information the whole team should be aware of. Adding a few more points:
- Next to the name of the team, select the ellipsis next to More options.
- Click on the Add channel button.
- Creating a channel is as easy as entering a name and a description. It is possible to create a channel that is devoted to a topic, a project, or a department name of your choice.
- Whenever you want this channel to be automatically visible in everyone’s channel list, you must select Automatically favorite this channel for the whole team.
- Select Add.
Customize and manage your team
- Next to the team name, select the ellipses to reveal more options.
- It is possible for you to manage your team in one place by choosing Manage team in the tab Member, Channel, Settings, and Apps.
- Add a team picture to the Settings panel and give your team some personality by selecting Team picture from the Team menu.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you use Microsoft Teams step by step?
How do you run a team meeting?
- Click on the Teams tab. It can be found on the left hand side of the app. From the list of channels, choose the one in which you would like to meet.
- The Meet icon is located in the upper-right corner of the Posts tab. Select Meet now from the drop-down menu that appears. …
- Select whether or not you would like video to be included in your meeting after you have given it a title.
- When you are ready to join, click the Join Now button when you are ready.
How do you join a Teams meeting?
- Take part in a Teams meeting online by joining the meeting on the web
- If you receive an email inviting you to a meeting, you should click the link in the email to join the meeting. …
- There are three options that you can choose from:…
- Please enter your name in the space provided.
- Using the audio and video settings, you can adjust the quality of the video and audio.
- By selecting Join now, you will be able to join the group.
- It will depend on the types of meetings you go to, whether you’ll get in right away or if you’ll have to wait until someone in the meeting admits you to the meeting.