check it in video
If you are the team owner of the team, you can access a number of features that will allow you to take full advantage of it, including the ability to add clients and guests, convert members to owners, manage settings and channels, as well as archive teams that are no longer active.
- You can add members to a team by clicking on the name of the team in the teams list and then selecting More options.
- If you would like to add someone to your account, please enter their name or email address.
- Select Add.
- If you want to manage your team, you can select the More options Manage team option in the teams list under the team name.
- In the Members list, you can remove a member’s name by clicking the X to the right of the person’s name, which will bring up a list of all members with their names listed.
Add team owners
- Upon selecting a team name from the team list, select the More options Manage team button in the team list to get more options for managing the team.
- Choose the down arrow under Role to change Member to Owner in the Members tab on the left side of the screen.
- Choose More options Manage team by clicking on the name of the team.
- If you wish to make sure that all channels appearing in the channel lists of all users are auto-favorite channels, you can also select the Auto-favorite checkbox under the Channels tab.
Change team settings
Choose More options Manage team from the drop down menu under the team name. On that page, you’ll be able to access a tab called Settings, where you’ll be able to do the following:
- I would like to change the picture of the team.
- Using permissions, you can give members access to creating channels and tabs, editing them, or deleting them (for example).
- In a channel, you can enable mentions such as @team or @[team name] as well as @[team name].
- Make sure that guests have the right permissions.
- Send GIFs, emojis, and stickers to team members so they can share with one another.
Manage and add Apps
- Choose More options and then click Manage team next to the team’s name.
- Your team’s apps can be managed under the Apps tab in the team’s account.
- If you are looking to find and install a new app, you can do so by selecting the Go to store button at the top of the screen.
Archive a team
- At the bottom of the teams list, there is an icon that lets you manage the teams.
- Whenever you hover over the name of a team, you are given a drop-down menu that allows you to choose more options.
- Once you have selected the Archive Team option, you will have the option to select it from the drop-down menu.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can a team owner do in Microsoft teams?
How do I find team owners in MS Teams?
How do you add a team owner in MS Teams?
- There are more options available if you click on Team and then press the More options button directly to the left of the team name. You will have the ability to select several options for your team. Members can be edited by selecting the appropriate option.
- After you tap on the team member’s name from the menu that appears, you have the option to make the member the owner.
How do you manage team members in Microsoft teams?
- Choose More options > Manage team from the menu that appears when you click on the team name.
- Choose the options or permissions that you wish to use by checking or unchecking them in the Settings tab.
How many owners can a team have?