Accessibility features built into the Webex program for Windows make it simpler for you to explore our program and make use of the messaging tools it contains. We recommend using the JAWS screen reader version 18 or later while working with the Webex App for Windows.
Navigate the messaging area of Webex App
It is possible to define the message section of Webex App as the options that are available within a space. These options can include things like Space information, Space name, Team name, and many more.
You may discover what each feature in the message part of the Webex App performs by pressing Tab to cycle through the features and see what each feature does. By using Shift and Tab together, you can go backwards through the list of features.
1. Space Information– In order to navigate the space setting options, press Enter and Tab simultaneously.
2. Favourite a space– To add the spot to your list of favorite spaces, use the Enter key.
3. Space name-This is the designation given to the room. To make changes to the name of the space, which can be changed by any member of the space (unless it is a moderated space), use the Enter key.
- Press Enter.
- To move to the most recently read message in the space,
- press the Tab key.
- If there are messages in the space that have not been read, pressing Tab and Enter will allow you to scroll to the most recent message that has not been read in the space.
- To move to the place where you can compose a message, press Tab once more.
Please refer to traverse the message compose area and Navigate the message area for additional information regarding how to traverse the message area and the message compose area, respectively.
- Press Enter.
- Press the down arrow key on your keyboard, then press Enter, and type in the name of the person you wish to add to the unmoderated space. This will allow you to add people to the space.
- To move through the many persons present in the area, use the up and down arrows on the keypad.
- After clicking Enter, use the Tab key to move through the available selections in the following list.
- Pressing the right and left keypad arrows will allow you to cycle among the numerous sorts of content that have been shared in the space. These types of content include Files, Whiteboards, Links, and Meeting content. You can navigate the information by using the up and down arrows on the keypad once you have pressed Enter on the option you want to view.
- When you want to view only linked folder files that have been shared in the space, pick the File content type, press Tab followed by Enter, then use the down arrow key on your keypad to select Linked folder files, and then press Enter to finish.
- When the File content type is selected, pressing Tab twice will allow you to switch between a list view and a grid view of the content. You may then select the view using the left and right arrow keys on the keypad.
- Press Enter.
- To set up a meeting in the area, push the arrow down on the keyboard, and then click the Enter button. You can navigate between the various fields, such as the invitees, the topic, the time, and the date, by pressing the Tab key.
- To view the forthcoming meetings that are scheduled to take place in the area, press the down arrow on the keypad.
- Press Enter.
Navigate the message compose area
Make advantage of these keyboard shortcuts to update your previous message and access the tools for composing new messages while you are in the area for composing messages.
1. When you are in the section where you can compose new messages, the screen reader will tell you to “Write a message to space name>, edit, type, and text.”
2. To access the toolbar, press the Tab key on your keyboard. You may be able to do the following by navigating the left and right arrows on the keypad, depending on the settings that were determined by your administrator:
- Add attachment
- Screen capture
- Indentation of text
- Add emoji
- Add GIF
- Add Bitmoji
- @ mention
- Invite a coworker to join you in your private space.
3. To edit your previous message, press the Shift key and the up arrow on the keypad.
4. You can access the message area by pressing the Shift key and the Tab key.
5. If there are new unread messages or replies in the space that was opened, the initial tab stop is the New messages or New replies floating buttons, depending on which one is applicable. The read receipts will be the initial tab stop in the space if there are no fresh unread messages or answers waiting to be read.
Navigate through the message section.
Make advantage of these keyboard shortcuts in order to read and respond to messages in a space while you are in the message area.
1. When you are in the message section, the screen reader will inform you as follows: “Webex conversation history, use the up and down arrow keys to navigate, and shift plus F10 for more options.” Use the left and right arrow keys to navigate the list box, which has been seen by a certain number of individuals. “As reported by Person A, Person B, etc.”
2. If there are new unread messages or replies in the space that was opened, the initial tab stop is the New messages or New replies floating buttons, depending on which one is applicable. The read receipts will be the initial tab stop in the space if there are no fresh unread messages or answers waiting to be read.
3. Navigate through the message history by pressing the up and down arrows located on the keyboard.
This navigation in the message history of the space will include a ‘Reply to thread’ button whenever there is a thread present in the space.
4. To access the message action menu, while viewing a message, press the Shift key and the F10 key.
5. When you are reading a message, hit the Enter key and the Tab key simultaneously to access the message’s internal navigation. This will allow you to read the message letter by letter, word by word, and sentence by sentence, as well as select text.
- Pressing the left and right arrows on the keyboard will allow you to read a message letter by letter.
- Press the CTRL key as well as the left and right arrows on the keypad to read a message word by word.
- Press the CTRL key as well as the up and down arrows on your keyboard to read a message sentence by sentence.
- To choose the message’s text, press the Shift key as well as the left and right arrows on the keypad.
6. To go to fresh messages, press Shift, ALT, and M simultaneously.
7. To scroll to fresh replies, press Shift, ALT, and T simultaneously.
8. To scroll to the bottom of the space, press the Shift key and the page down arrow.
9. To move to the section where you can compose a message, press the Tab key. For more actions, see the guide on how to navigate the message compose section.
10. To enter the space content section, press and hold the Shift key while pressing Tab. You may move between the People, Content, Meetings, and +Apps sections by using the left and right arrow keys on your keypad. More actions can be found by navigating the messaging section of the Webex App.