By providing users with notifications in real time, Asana enables users to better organize and keep track of their many projects. The Asana bot gives users the opportunity to create new tasks and subtasks, change existing ones, and search for them directly from within Webex App.
Bots in Webex App
The functionality of Webex App can easily be extended to integrate a third-party app with the assistance of bots. You have the ability to add bots to Webex App spaces, giving you the capability to communicate directly with third-party apps without leaving the area. After you have added the bot to the space, you will be able to send it a helpmessage, and the response will contain a list of the commands that the bot is able to understand.
You have the ability to add a bot to any kind of place. For example, you might add a bot to the space where you are working on a project with other people and then interact directly with the third-party app from within your space. Alternately, you have the option of generating an area in which only you and the bot can interact with the third-party application.
A catalog of bots and apps that have been built by Cisco as well as third-party developers may be found in the Webex App Hub.
Cards in Webex App
Within the Webex App, information may be presented by bots in a variety of formats. Users are able to interact more easily and directly with the bot’s answer to a command when cards are used. You can gather and update information by selecting options from drop-down menus, using buttons, or even typing directly into text fields.
Check out the developer blog at https://developer.webex.com/blog/new-buttons-cards for more details on the cards framework.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any problems with the bot when using cards.
Add the Asana bot
Any Webex App area is eligible to have the Asana bot added to it.
1. Navigate to Spaces and select a space to which you would like to add the Asana bot.
Alternatively, you can create a new place by using the Asana bot by itself.
2. Select People, then click the Add People button, and enter the following as the name of the Asana bot: email@example.com.
3. Type help into the box, then send the message.
If you are in a group space, you will need to directly mention the bot by typing @asana help in order to receive assistance.
4. Click the Link Asana Account button, and then sign in using the information associated with your Asana account.
You will get a confirmation in the Webex App as soon as the authorization of your Asana account has been completed successfully.
5. After choosing your workspace or organization within Asana, select the Connect button.
6. After that, choose a project, and after that, click Link.
Manage Asana notifications
Within the confines of the Webex App, you have the ability to initiate the creation of new notifications, as well as the management of existing notifications.
1. In the section of the page occupied by the Asana bot, type help and then send the message.
You may also send the message to manage notifications by entering @asana Manage before the message.
2. Select a type of notification to manage, or change an existing notification, after clicking the Manage Notifications button.
3. To store your notification settings, click the store button.