Within your organization, you will be able to create public spacesare easily discovered by the public. Explore, join, or create your own public space, meet people with similar interests, learn about the latest news, or connect with people with similar interests.
In contrast to other types of spaces, public spaces aren’t necessarily connected to a specific team, making them unique. A public space that you create can only be accessed by people who are part of your organization. At any time, you can decide again whether or not you would like to make a space private again if you change your mind. Having trouble seeing the public spaces? Speak to your administrator if you do not see them.
Create a public space
- Choose Create a space in the app’s header by clicking on it.
- Give your space a name by typing it in the box below.
- This space can be made public by checking the box.
must be classified as the lowest classification in your organization if it uses space classifications.
- Then Create button.
Make a public space private
If you open up a public space for your organization, then anyone within the organization will be able toit. You can change it back to private if you decide to change your only your team members will be able to access your space if you decide to do that.
- Click on Make this space private from the Space Information section if you are in a public space.
Once you make a public space private, you cannot make it public again.
Explore public spaces
- Click the Explore public spaces link in the app’s header at the top of the screen.
- Search for a public space in the search bar, or scroll through the list of all public spaces in your organization until you find one that interests you.
- Joining a space is as simple as clicking the Join button.
- When you click Messaging, you’ll be returned to the list of spaces that you created. As soon as you join a public space, it appears in the list of spaces you have joined.