Whenever your Skype, or Skype Manager balance falls below a specific level, auto-recharge adds Skype Credit to your balance as soon as it falls below that level.
To turn Auto-recharge on or off:
Skype from the web
Using this link, you can access your Auto-recharge settings from any platform or device, you may need to log in for access to your Auto-recharge settings. Select Buy Skype Credit, choose the amount of credit you want to add, then check Enable Auto-recharge when I’m running low on credit. Select Continue and enter your payment information.
By using this link, you will be able to sign in from any platform or device. Select Buy Skype Credit, choose the amount of credit you would like to add, and then check Save time by automatically recharging the balance in the future. You will be prompted to enter your payment information when you select Continue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Skype charge a monthly fee?
The use of Skype is generally free of charge; however, if you want to use Skype to call someone’s mobile phone or landline in the US, you’ll have to pay $2.99 a month for a subscription to use Skype. If you decide that you do not need the number of minutes that are included with your monthly subscription, you also have the option of buying Skype Credit to purchase phone calls.
How do I stop Skype auto charge?
How do I cancel or change my Skype subscription?
- On your Skype account profile page, you will need to click Manage in order to cancel the subscription that you want to cancel.
- Then select Cancel subscription from the drop-down menu.
- After selecting the reason for canceling, click on Cancel subscription when you are ready to confirm your cancellation.
Why does Skype want to charge me?
Your Skype Credit account may already have Auto-recharge set up on it if you have previously purchased Skype Credit. Whenever your credit falls below a certain amount, Auto-recharge will automatically top up your credit so you never run out of it. There is an option in your account to disable Auto-recharge if you don’t want to be topped up with Skype Credit on a regular basis.
How do I cancel a Skype subscription and get a refund?
How do I get a Skype refund?
- You can access your Skype profile page by clicking on this link.
- In your purchase history, you should be able to choose the order that you wish to have refunded.
- Click on the button that says Refund and select your payment method. …
- In case you choose to confirm the refund, we’ll automatically issue a refund to the same payment method you used when making your purchase as soon as you confirm it.
How long does Skype credit last?
In the event that Skype Credit is not used for 180 consecutive days, it will become inactive. It is important that you make sure that you have placed a call (outside of your subscription, if you have one) or texted every 180 days. Before your Skype Credit becomes inactive, we send you two reminder emails seven days and two days in advance.
Who pays for a Skype call?
There is no cost associated with the call if you both use Skype. Using the premium features of Skype, like voice mail, SMS texts, and making calls to landlines and cell phones or making calls outside of the Skype app will only require the user to pay. It is necessary to have a wireless connection or a data plan on your mobile phone.
All images and contents credit goes to supportskype.com