What does the tool for removing Java applets entail?
How exactly do I use the program to remove Java applets?
How can I get rid of Java Applets that have been cached?
What steps do I need to take to uninstall the Webex Trusted Certificate?
Customers that join a Meeting using Java have their Java Applets cached, which speeds up the process for the customer the next time they join the Meeting.
It was necessary to clear these cached Applets in addition to the Webex trustworthy Certificate, hence a removal tool was developed.
The Java Applet Removal Tool will be made available on the Downloads page for Support shortly.
Downloading and using the tool is as follows:
- Visit Cisco Webex as well as any third-party support utilities.
- To access the Webex Java Applet Removal Utility, follow the link provided.
- To download, select it.
- Simply select the option to Save or Save File.
- Navigate to the Downloads folder on your computer.
- Launch the Webex_java_removal_tool.zip file and follow the prompts.
- Create a new folder to store the extracted files in. (For example under My Documents > Java Applet Removal)
- Launch the brand-new file folder.
- To open the Webex_removal_agent.jar file, click here.
The file will launch the Java console on your computer and begin the execution of the utility, which will take a few seconds.
- You are free to exit the window for removing the Webex java applet. The Webex Java Applet as well as any trusted certificates have been successfully removed at this time.