There is a wide range of applications for making a video call: from Discord to Zoom. However, not everyone can join the work team or the entire school group in a video call. Find out what the limit of simultaneous users in videoconferencing apps is.
- 14 apps to make a video call
Limit users to videoconferencing apps
|Videoconferencing apps||Free plan user limit||Limit users on the paid plan||Can you make video calls on your computer?|
|4 people||No paid plan||Not|
|6 peoples||No paid plan||Not|
|Facebook Messenger||50 people||No paid plan||Yes|
|FaceTime||32 people||No paid plan||Yes|
|Google Duo||12 people||No paid plan||Yes|
|Google Hangouts (personal accounts)||10 people||No paid plan||Yes|
|Google Meet (G Suite)||No free plan||250 people||Yes|
|Skype||50 people||No paid plan||Yes|
|zoom||100 (for up to 40 minutes)||1,000 people||Yes|
|Cisco WebEx||No free plan||1,000 people||Yes|
|Discord||10 people (50 for the Go Live stream )||Does not increase||Yes|
|Snapchat||15 people||No paid plan||Not|
|9 people||No paid plan||Yes|
|JusTalk||50 people||Does not increase||Not|
|IMO||Does not specify||Does not specify||Not|
|Viber||1 to 1||No paid plan||Not|
|Slack||1 to 1||15 people||Yes|
|Microsoft Teams||250 people||Does not increase||Yes|
|Houseparty||8 people||No paid plan||Yes|
|Line||4 people||No paid plan||Not|
Meeting or Event?
There are two types of conferences that can be done online.
- The meetings are those where everyone speaks. Then you can gather 50 or 200 people, everyone will have the microphone available to participate at any time;
- At events, it may happen that more than one person is speaking, but normally the other participants are just spectators. It’s like a private live broadcast. It can be used to do training in a company or an online class.
What platforms does the event tool have?
- Zoom (up to 10,000 participants)
- G Suite Enterprise Google Meet (up to 100,000 people)
- In Event Virtual Lobby (up to 100,000)
- Cisco WebEx Events (up to 3,000).
Event or live broadcast?
Events are private, only invited people can participate and watch the content or interact with the other participants. Already a live transmission (live) made by YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, or Instagram is released for anyone to find, there is no way to block or make it private that anyone else sees.
Not to mention that the applications of events or video calls offer tools for presentation or interaction with viewers, facilitating the dynamics.