Download Zoom latest version for all devices
On this page you can download the current version of Zoom for computers and mobile devices on different operating systems, as well as extensions for popular browsers.
|Official Zoom Distribution|
|Silent installation without dialog boxes|
|Recommendations for installing required programs|
|Batch installation of multiple programs|
Zoom browser extension
Zoom Rooms Controllers
The Zoom Cloud Meetings platform is a great online meeting tool. It is mainly used for business meetings, when live communication is impossible, and for distance learning. The second scenario is especially relevant at the present time because almost all educational institutions are closed to the public. In this article, we will analyze the key features of Zoom, the installation procedure for different platforms, registration, as well as the first launch and setup.
Live meetings are not always possible, and without them, doing business and training becomes difficult. Zoom allows such meetings to be organized on the Internet. A general conference is created to which participants are invited. It can be an online lesson, a work briefing, or even a banal friendly conversation, but with some peculiarities.
- For simple conferences, the platform is completely free.
- One-on-one communication, for example, a student with a tutor.
- Lots of tools for online collaboration: display and control of the screen, use of virtual elements, add-ons, etc.
- Support for all current devices (PCs, smartphones, and tablets).
- Good quality broadcasts, video from the camera is output in HD (720p).
- Connecting a virtual background if there is a green screen (chroma key).
- And much more.
When registering in Zoom, the user is provided with a basic tariff, which is completely free. But it also has limitations:
- The duration of a group conference is no more than 40 minutes.
- The number of participants is 100 or less.
There are also paid packages: “Professional”, ” Business” and “Enterprise”. They already have advanced capabilities. But it makes sense to purchase them only for the organizers of the conferences, for ordinary participants there is no point in them.
The most detailed information on tariffs and prices is set out on this page.
Zoom Download, installation, and use
You are already familiar with the features of the platform and roughly understand what Zoom is and what it is for. But the easiest way to make out the topic is if you install it yourself. The developers support a version of the program for a computer, as well as a mobile application.
Zoom download for PC version
Currently, the developers support three operating systems: Windows, Mac OS and Linux. This means that each of them is suitable for connecting to online conferences and creating new ones.
First, there are installation instructions, and then – the direct entrance to the conference and registration.
Zoom download for Windows
In this case, the installation procedure requires four simple steps from the user:
- Find the link “Free Download Zoom” at the end of the article and follow it.
- On the page that opens, click on the first “Download” button.
- Download and open ZoomInstaller.exe.
- Wait for the procedure to complete.
An icon to launch the program will appear on the desktop or in the Start Zoom menu. And it itself will open automatically for the first time.
Zoom download for Mac OS
- Go to the download page of the program using the link under the article.
- Click on the top button “Download”.
- Save the file as Zoom.pkg.
- And then open it.
- Click on “Continue” in the window that appears.
- And then – on “Install”.
- Enter the password for the user account when prompted.
- Close the installation window.
Zoom download for Linux
To download Zoom for conferences in Russian for computers and laptops with various Linux distributions, follow these steps:
- Open Terminal. Typically, it is invoked using the keyboard shortcut ctrl + Alt + T…
- Run the command sudo apt install gdebi .
- Next, launch any browser like Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to this page.
- Specify the distribution kit and version of Linux that you are using.
- Click the Download button.
- Save and run the suggested file.
- In the application unpacker, click on the install button.
- Enter the superuser password when prompted.
Now, wait until the program is unpacked and open it in a convenient way.
If you only plan to connect to an online conference once, then there is no point in registering. It is enough to follow these steps:
- In the welcome window of the program, click on the “Enter the conference” button.
- It is highlighted in blue.
- In the form that appears, enter the conference ID in the first field.
- The second is the user’s display name.
- There is no point in touching the “Remember my name …” checkbox.
- But activate “Do not connect sound” or “Turn off my video” so that other participants cannot hear and/or see you.
- Click on “Login”.
Now enter the password (the creator of the conference knows it) and click on the blue button.
It remains to wait for the connection to the server and confirmation from the administrator.
The program interface itself is quite simple. The most important buttons are located in the lower-left corner. The microphone and camera are turned on and off there. And if you click on the “arrow”, you can select the output device.
Registration is required when you plan to regularly use Zoom as a platform for training, communication, business meetings, or you need to organize conferences yourself. Let’s consider it step by step:
- Run the program on your computer.
- Click on the “Login” or “Login “ button. She is already white.
- Next, click on the inscription “Register for free”
Note- This will open the https://zoom.us/signup page in the browser.
- Enter your date of birth and click “Continue” .
- Now enter a valid email address, and in the field below – the code from the picture.
- Next, click on the “Register” button .
- A letter from Zoom should come to the specified email . In it, click on “Activate Account” .
- The question will appear: Are you signing up on behalf of a school? Literal translation: Are you registering from some school? Select “Yes” or “No” and click “Continue” .
- Fill in the fields that appear: first name, last name, account password, name of educational institution, etc.
- And again click “Continue” .
- Skip inviting colleagues.
The registration procedure is completed. Open Zoom again on your computer or laptop and click on “Login” or “Login” . Enter the email address and password for the account you just created and click on the blue button.
Now you can not only connect to existing conferences, but also organize your own.
Zoom platform is available for Android and iOS. It is installed according to the following principle:
- Launch the app store on your device. In the first case, it is “Play Store” , and in the second – the App Store .
- Activate the search form located at the top of the screen or in a separate tab.
- This will take you to the Zoom download page .
- Start the installation procedure.
- And then open the app.
As with a computer, registration is only required for conferences. So we’ll look at it a bit later. First, the connection instructions:
- In the main window, tap on the highlighted button:
- Enter the conference ID.
- The field below is the display name.
- Mute your sound (microphone) or camera if desired.
- Click on “Login to …” .
- Next, enter the password for access (the administrator will say it) and tap “OK” .
You will now be able to chat and interact with other members.
Well, if you want to get additional features, including for creating conferences, then create an account:
- Open the Zoom mobile app.
- Tap on the “Register” button
- Enter your date of birth on the new page.
- Now enter your own email address, first and last name.
- Check the box “I agree to the terms of service . “
- And then tap on “Next” .
- Open the specified email, or rather a new email from Zoom .
- Click the “Activate Account” button .
- Go to the PC registration instructions and proceed from step 8.
- Complete the procedure.
Now in the mobile application, click “Sign in” and log in to the new account.
People also ask :
zoom meeting app download
zoom app download for pc free
zoom cloud meetings app download for pc
how to install zoom on windows 10
zoom app ps4