A very unpleasant situation when it turns out that there is no sound in the conference in Zoom . Unfortunately, every user of this program on a computer or phone can face this. But in most cases, there is nothing to worry about. The zoom is designed in such a way that when entering an online conversation, a person is muted for everyone, and he needs to connect to an audio chat. Let’s analyze it in more detail.
If you are using a computer to communicate via Zoom, then follow these steps:
- Hover the mouse cursor over the program window so that the controls appear.
- Now look for the “Enter Audio Conference” button in the lower left corner .
- Click on it.
- And in the new window, click on “Login with …” .
- Make sure the microphone is turned on.
And here are the instructions for smartphones and tablets:
- In the mobile application, tap the screen. Then the controls will appear.
- Now click on the icon with the caption “Connect Sound” .
- And in the message that appears, it says “Call using …”
- Make sure the microphone is active.
in the future, you can configure Zoom so that the connection to the audio conference occurs along with the entrance to the online conversation. This instruction is described in detail in this article.
Solution of problems
It happens that the proposed method does not help, and the sound is still absent, although everything is configured. It turns out that the problem is with the program itself or the user’s computer. The same may apply if there is no audio in the conference in the Zoom mobile app on your phone or tablet.
You must first find the cause of the problem and then fix it. On a computer, it may be due to incorrect settings, and in a mobile application, there may be no permissions, although there are other situations.
The most detailed failure is discussed in our article “I can’t hear the interlocutor in Zoom” . We recommend that you familiarize yourself with it.