Skype Insider Program
The Skype Insiders program is subject to certain age restrictions, so if you are not of the appropriate age, you will not be able to participate.
Insider builds send optional diagnostic data, which is essentially information collected about the performance and experience of your device and Skype. Using the Insiders builds will not be possible if you are under the age of 18 and do not have the consent to share the personal data that is included in optional diagnostic data. The retail version of Skype can be used instead if you prefer.
Skype Retail builds
Some users may not be able to share their personal data with Skype retail builds because of age restrictions. There are some services that are unavailable if you are not old enough to use them, such as:
- Sharing of location information
- It is still possible to report abuse if you provide feedback (you can still do so).
- If you receive a Skype call from someone who is not in your contact list, you will not be able to answer it
- Contacts synced from a mobile device to a desktop computer
- Paying for Skype services
As a further precaution, there are certain information that Skype will not be able to collect from your child if he or she is under the age of 13. As a result, the following are included:
- Data optionally available for diagnostic purposes (device and usage information)
- Location data
- A collection of speech data (used to improve the Microsoft speech technology)
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get to Skype settings?
- Causes of Skype Not Working.
- Step 1: Reset Your Password.
- Step 2: Check to See if It’s Skype’s Problem.
- Step 3: Check Your Network Connection.
- Step 4: Check Skype’s Audio Settings and Permissions.
- Step 5: Check Skype’s Video Settings and Permissions.
- Step 6: Make a Test Call in Skype.
- Step 7: Reinstall Skype.
How do I access Skype settings on Android?
- Select your profile picture.
- Select. Settings.
- Choose from the following settings to make your changes: Note: You can access your Skype settings from any platform or device, but not all settings are available to change on every platform. Account & Profile.