As part of our regular software updates, Skype introduces new features, improves existing ones, and fixes bugs.
We always recommend using Skype’s latest version, which is why Skype automatically updates to the most recent version by default. Updating Skype is always free.
Skype retires older versions from time to time. Upgrade to the latest version of the software when this happens so you can sign in again.
What happens to my Skype Credit or subscriptions when I upgrade?
Skype Credit balances and subscriptions are not affected by updating to the latest version. The products you purchased before the upgrade are still available in your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Skype automatically update?
How do I know if I need to update Skype?
Where do I find Skype updates?
- Log in to your Skype account.
- Click on Help.
- Select Manually check for updates. By pressing ALT, you will see the Help menu in Skype if you don’t see it otherwise.
How do I update Skype on my iPhone?
- You can access the Apple App Store by opening the app.
- The updates can be found at the bottom of the screen, in the left-hand corner.
- Check if Skype has been updated by scrolling down.
- Updates are available if you tap UPDATE.
- Open the Skype application.
- In the top right corner, tap your profile picture
How do I stop Skype from signing in automatically?
- Open Skype.
- You can log in to Skype automatically by clicking the “Skype” button at the top of the page.
- From the drop-down list, select “Sign Out.”.
- When you are prompted to log in to Skype, uncheck “Sign me in when Skype starts.”
How do I stop Skype from starting automatically in Windows 10?
- To change your privacy settings, go to the System Settings window.
- The App permissions section is located at the bottom of the left navigation menu in the Privacy settings window. …
- Make sure Skype is turned off under Background apps by scrolling down.
All images and contents credit goes to supportskype.com