The user, when joining the meeting, may not understand why Zoom is not audio on Android phones. After all, initially, all the interlocutors will be dumb, even when the video shows that they are saying something. At first glance, it might appear that this is some kind of error or communication problem. But in reality, this is not at all the case. This is how the Zoom platform works. Details are in this article.
Clarification of the situation
When entering an online meeting, the user only sees other participants but does not hear them. This is due to the fact that he has not yet had time to connect to the audio conference. This feature is not too obvious, because there is nothing like this in other services.
Procedure for connecting to an audio conference:
- Open Zoom on your smartphone and enter an Internet conversation.
- Call the controls by tapping on the screen.
- Now click on the “Connect Sound …” option.
- And then – on the inscription “Call using …”.
Now the speech of the interlocutors will be heard by you. And to speak yourself, activate the microphone in the mobile application.
Do not forget that the problem may lie in the banal volume of the device. Try raising it or turning off the silent mode.
You will have to connect to the audio channel every time, and this will strain many users. It will be useful for them to know that this procedure can be made automatically. For this:
- Open the main Zoom window and visit the Settings tab. If you don’t have anything like that on your screen, but there are only two buttons for entering and one for registering, then create an account and log in to the system according to our instructions.
- Now tap on the “Conference” section to get to the desired parameter page.
- Next, open “Automatic connection to …”.
- Turn on the “Use Internet” mode.
- Close the settings page.
The problem must be resolved. But if this did not happen, then proceed to the section of additional measures in our article.
It happens that the above method failed to enable sound in Zoom conferences from an Android phone. In this case, it is worth checking if you have drowned out all the participants. This will be indicated by the speaker icon at the top of the screen, slightly to the right of which there will be a “cross”. Tap on it to hear other users speak
If this does not help, then you should reconnect to the video conference. And the last resort is to reinstall the application:
- Open the Google Play Market on your device. It is a store for installing applications on the Android platform.
- Use the search function to navigate to the download page.
- Tap on the “Delete” button.
- Confirm this action.
- Then run reinstallation.
- Open Zoom.
- Sign in to your account if you have one.
- Connect to the internet meeting and activate the audio conference access as described above.
At the first request, grant the Zoom app all the required permissions.